Linguistic Resources Specialist
Operations – Implementation
Unbabel’s “Translation as a Service” platform allows modern enterprises to understand and be understood by their customers in dozens of languages.
Powered by AI and refined by a global community of tens of thousands of human linguists, Unbabel delivers professional-grade content at the scale required by modern enterprises like Facebook, Microsoft, Under Armour, Pinterest and Expedia.
Backed by Scale Venture Partners, Notion, Microsoft Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Samsung NEXT and Y Combinator, Unbabel is accelerating the shift to a world without language barriers.
We are a diverse team, working everyday to build an outstanding organisational culture, based on strong values of transparency, team spirit and continuous learning, with a fast paced Silicon Valley atmosphere in the beautiful city of Lisbon, Portugal.
We are looking for a linguistic resources specialist who will work with our largest and most strategic accounts by managing and validating the customer's linguistic tools such as Glossaries, Translation memories and translation instructions.
Sitting as a member of our Implementation team you will first and foremost be a linguistic expert that can detect and predict errors or translation issues, however the role will also include the need to bridge with our product, quality and engineering teams in order to improve Unbabel translation tools and deliver a flawless outcome to our customers. Your mission will be to optimize the customer experience by guaranteeing that the tools that our editors use are delivering the best possible quality.
You will manage a pool of Terminologist specialists that are responsible to build the linguistic resources from scratch. Your role will be to project manage in order to optimize this team of valuable resources while also working with our recruitment team to find new terminologists.
- Manage new linguistic resources (LRs), such as glossaries and translation memories, throughout the implementation process.
- Optimize and update existing LRs in order to guarantee quality assurance.
- Manage the freelancers community (Terminologists) in order to achieve fast and accurate results.
- Analyse linguistic data to isolate trends and implement them in the LRs.
- Use advanced language software programs for the implementation of LRs.
Qualifications & Skills
- Master degree in Translation Studies, Linguistics or related disciplines.
- Technical skills and good knowledge of the state-of-the-art in translation/localization studies, linguistic analysis, NLP and AI.
- Experience with project management is a plus.
- English fluency (spoken and written); proficiency in another language is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills.
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and to learn inhouse tools.
- Ability to effectively operate independently with flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment.
- Quality Ops, CS, Customer Happiness, Community, Linguistic Tools team
What you'll get
- To be part of a dynamic team in fast growing international start up
- Chance to learn tonnes from incredible people
- Competitive salary at one of Europe’s leading startups
- Stimulating startup environment committed to diversity and inclusion
- Individual budget for training and conferences
- Stock options
- Health Insurance
- MacBook Air and external monitor
- English, Japanese or Portuguese language courses
- Surf trips every Thursday morning before work
- Team lunch every Tuesday
- Drinks and snacks every Friday
- All-hands trip to the beach once a quarter
- Yearly company retreat
Sounds great, doesn't it? Before applying, we invite you to do a mental checklist of the following points:
Is my CV in English?
Do I have any typos in my CV?
Is this position aligned with my professional ambitions?
If you check all the items above, please apply below.