Natural Language Processing Data Engineer
R&D – Applied AI
What's the opportunity about? 📢
To strengthen and augment our Applied AI and the Data tribe, we are looking for a solid NLP data engineer to help design and develop systems and processes for efficient data filtering, selection and denoising. The focus of the Data Engineer will be on developing algorithms and tools for efficient usage and management of noisy and clean data sources in order to improve the quality of in-house Unbabel AI systems (machine translation, quality estimation and others). You will be also involved in the process of creation of data derivatives and their efficient use in the context of Unbabel AI. You'll be working closely with other AI researchers, data engineers, software engineers, product managers, and data analysts in developing truly disruptive products that are changing the way the world communicates.
You'll help create understanding by... 🗝
- Replicating and implementing the latest scientific and engineering approaches in the field of data filtering, selection and denoising for various NLP applications including machine translation, quality estimation and others
- Defining, justifying and managing the process of data selection for live business applications from performance, risk management and cost saving points of view
- Helping develop and maintain a data management infrastructure
- Having a lot of fun hanging out with the Unbabel team
You'll move the needle if you have... 🛠
- MS degree in Informatics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Machine Learning or Statistics, major is preferred
- A solid foundation in NLP (preferably cross-lingual analysis or machine translation)
- Developed intuition (via experience) on the impact of data changes to the accuracy of NLP systems is a big plusSolid knowledge of distributed systems
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with NLP techniques and tools (TensorFlow, Pytorch, Marian, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience programming in Python or C++
- Fluency in Bash scripting
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases such as Postgres or MongoDB is a plus
- Knowledge of NLP libraries and tools (Kaldi, NLTK, SpaCy, CoreNLP) will be a big plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in fluent English (C1)
We build our tower with love, dedication and... 💙
- Competitive salary at one of Europe’s leading tech startups
- Stimulating startup environment committed to diversity and inclusion
- Individual budget for training and conferences
- Individual budget to setup your workstation (mechanical keyboard, mouse, etc.)
- Stock options
- Health Insurance
- MacBook and external monitor
- Yearly company retreat
- Healthy food (fruit, dairy & snacks) in the office
- Free language courses
- Surf trips every Thursday morning before work
- Team lunch every Tuesday
- Drinks and snacks every Friday
Sounds great, doesn't it? If this position fits your profile, apply now with your CV in English!
The Tower of Unbabel 🚀
Unbabel’s “Translation as a Service” platform allows modern enterprises to understand and be understood by their customers in dozens of languages.
Powered by AI and refined by a global community of tens of thousands of human linguists, Unbabel delivers professional-grade content at the scale required by modern enterprises like Facebook, Microsoft, Under Armour, Pinterest and Expedia.
Backed by Scale Venture Partners, Notion, Microsoft Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Samsung NEXT and Y Combinator, Unbabel is accelerating the shift to a world without language barriers.
Unbabelers come from over 30 countries and have created a scaling company that embraces diversity, transparency, team spirit and continuous learning, with a fast-paced Silicon Valley atmosphere in the beautiful city of Lisbon, Portugal. Does this sound good to you? Then this may be the right opportunity - join us on this amazing journey!