Freelance-Linguistic QA Analyst (English to Danish)
Remote - Freelance
Operations – Quality
Unbabel’s “Translation as a Service” platform allows modern enterprises to understand and be understood by their customers in dozens of languages.
Powered by AI and refined by a global community of tens of thousands of human linguists, Unbabel delivers professional-grade content at the scale required by modern enterprises like Facebook, Microsoft, Under Armour, Pinterest and Expedia.Backed by Scale Venture Partners, Notion, Microsoft Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Samsung NEXT and Y Combinator, Unbabel is accelerating the shift to a world without language barriers.
We are a diverse team, working everyday to build an outstanding organisational culture, based on strong values of transparency, team spirit and continuous learning, with a fast paced Silicon Valley atmosphere.
What is the Opportunity?
We are looking for Freelance linguists specialized in different linguistic fields (syntax, semantics, morphology, lexicography) to work remotely for Unbabel.
You will be working autonomously on several Machine Learning projects related to grammar and spell-check developments, POS annotation as well as other translation and linguistics tasks. The volume of workload may vary according to the business requirements and our clients’ demands.
This is a great opportunity to focus and see the impact of NLP and linguistics in a real business case.
What will you be doing?
- Perform error analysis on current system outputs.
- Create/curate linguistic resources such as guidelines.
- Provide general linguistic consultancy on demand.
What skills do you need?
- Native speaker of Danish and fluent English(C-level).
- Master’s degree (or higher) in General Linguistics or related studies.
- Technical skills and good knowledge in linguistic analysis, NLP and AI.
- Excellent knowledge of the structural aspects of the language.
- Up-to-date exposure to popular native culture and the ability to use that knowledge to perform data analysis.
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and to learn inhouse tools
- Proofreading/scan-checking skills.
- Great attention to detail while working efficiently, analytical and communications skills.
If this sounds like a great opportunity for you please apply now with your CV in English! 😊
(We are not accepting candidates coming from recruitment agencies at this moment)