Sales Operations Manager
Operations – BizOps
Unbabel’s“Translation as a Service” platform allows modern enterprises to understand and be understood by their customers in dozens of languages.
Powered by AI and refined by a global community of tens of thousands of human linguists, Unbabel delivers professional-grade content at the scale required by modern enterprises like Facebook, Microsoft, Under Armour, Pinterest and Expedia.
Backed by Scale Venture Partners, Notion, Microsoft Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Samsung NEXT and Y Combinator, Unbabel is accelerating the shift to a world without language barriers.
We are a diverse team, working every day to build an outstanding organisational culture, based on strong values of transparency, team spirit and continuous learning, with a fast-paced Silicon Valley atmosphere in the beautiful city of Lisbon, Portugal.
We are currently seeking a Sales Operations Manager for our Business Operations team in our Lisbon office.
The Sales Operations Manager plays a critical role in establishing Unbabel as the global leader in translation-as-a-service solutions. This highly-visible newly created position is essential as Unbabel continues to grow and scale our global execution footprint in terms of team members, regions, customers and partners.
Working in collaboration with cross-functional teams, including Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Customer Support, Finance, Product Management and Engineering, the Sales Operations Manager will own Unbabel’s CRM (Salesforce.com) footprint, reporting and governance. He/she will ultimately be responsible for defining, implementing and continuously improving the key sales operations pillars the business relies on to operate and scale efficiently, including the highest quality sales pipeline management, reporting and performance analytics, systems and tools, incentives and compensation.
- Manage the overall sales operations processes - annual quota and commission plans, forecasting, sales pipeline management, proposals, pricing models, booking and revenue recognition (for commission purposes working with finance) and support sales enablement
- Manage day-to-day operational tasks, including but not limited to the Salesforce.com data quality and optimization of the sales execution workflow, sales reports, opportunity management and end user experience
- Administration, evolution and maintenance of cross-functional system infrastructure through Salesforce.com to accurately capture data needed for optimal forecasting, lead management, staffing, quota attainment, commission plans and customer provisioning, billing, support and success
- Ensure compensation plans, sales systems (with inputs from other marketing automation systems where relevant), intelligence data, forecasting, pricing models and metrics reflect and promote Unbabel’s SaaS subscription-based model
- Manage the sales pipeline across all regions for purposes of forecasting, resource alignment and acceleration of sales
- Work closely with the finance team to prepare financial KPI dashboards for internal and external stakeholders
- Analyze KPIs to improve understanding of customer performance, retention (churn), average deal size, average time to close, conversion rate, MRR, average revenue per account, customer acquisition cost and gross margin
- Prepare bottom-up forecast and revenue projections for new bookings and renewals
- Support the executive team in creating operating plans accounting for key organizational design, operating drivers, target performance metrics and resource allocation
- Participate in the data tribe
- Support special projects as needed
Success if defined by...
- The provision of timely, accurate and relevant sales operations reporting
- Efficient and predictable sales performance
- Seamless quote to cash process
- Transparency of sales performance and a visible process of continuous improvement addressing identified shortcomings/building on strengths always
- Consistent pricing and margin performance and optimization
- High-quality and reliable sales performance and customer data accessible to all stakeholders who need the data to do their job or need to remain informed
- Any manual tasks that can be automated are attended to in the optimal order and urgency
- Full collaboration across functions to embrace a 360-degree view of the business and our internal and external customer
- Happy internal customers
- Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Finance, Product Management and Engineering
- BS/BA degree, MBA a plus
- 6-10 years of experience in a sales operations role preferably in a fast-growing, global SaaS enterprise software company
- Must have technical depth and breadth in Salesforce.com, having owned the configuration and administration of the system in past roles with deep experience designing and implementing reports and working with adjacent analytical tools
- Strong business and SaaS acumen, troubleshooting, analytical and project management skills
- Ability to work effectively in structured and unstructured contexts requiring new perspectives and creative approaches
- Dynamic problem-solving skills and ability to thrive in a fast-growing and evolving organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to collaboration with and influence others effectively
- Exceptional verbal and written communication in English (C2 CEFR level)
- Competitive salary at one of Europe’s leading tech startups
- Stimulating startup environment committed to diversity and inclusion
- Individual budget for training and conferences
- Individual budget to set up your workstation (mechanical keyboard, mouse, etc.)
- Stock options
- Health Insurance
- MacBook and external monitor
- Yearly company retreat
- Healthy food (fruit, dairy & snacks) in the office
- English, Portuguese and Japanese language courses
- Surf trips every Thursday morning before work
- Team lunch every Tuesday
- Drinks and snacks every Friday
Sound great, doesn't it? If this position fits your profile, apply now with your CV in English!