R&D – Labs
Our Labs team looks toward the future to discover and create game-changing products. We are a team of developers, designers and AI researchers driven by first principles and fast experimentation. You will participate in this discovery process by applying the cutting-edge full-stack technologies that transform ideas and prototypes into innovative products that customers love.
Unbabel’s“Translation as a Service” platform allows modern enterprises to understand and be understood by their customers in dozens of languages.
Powered by AI and refined by a global community of tens of thousands of human linguists, Unbabel delivers professional-grade content at the scale required by modern enterprises like Facebook, Microsoft, Under Armour, Pinterest and Expedia.
Backed by Scale Venture Partners, Notion, Microsoft Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Samsung NEXT and Y Combinator, Unbabel is accelerating the shift to a world without language barriers.
We are a diverse team, working every day to build an outstanding organizational culture, with a strong emphasis on transparency, collaboration, and continuous learning. We reproduce the fast-paced atmosphere of Silicon Valley in the beautiful city of Lisbon, Portugal.
You will be part of our labs team, with whom you will be required to research, test and craft great experiences. You will collaborate with many people in order to gather different information and perspectives to deliver the best experience to our clients.
- Participate in the ideation process for new products
- Design amazing user experiences on Web and Mobile
- Create low and high-fidelity prototypes
- Validate design ideas with users and customers
- Apply modern design patterns
- Represent design on a cross-functional team
- Graphic design experience on Web and Mobile
- Strong grasp of modern design patterns
- Attention to detail
- Excellent understanding of responsive design best practices
- Mastery of software including Sketch and Photoshop
- Capacity to build empathy with customers and users
- Ability to gather and understand customer needs and work within technical constraints
- A great attitude and desire to work in a team environment
- Ability to work directly with different roles, namely Engineering and Product
- Good verbal and written communication in English(B2 CEFR level)
- At least 2 years of professional experience in a Design role
- Competitive salary at one of Europe’s leading tech startups
- Stimulating startup environment committed to diversity and inclusion
- Individual budget for training and conferences
- Individual budget to setup your own workstation (mechanical keyboard, mouse, etc.)
- Stock options
- Health Insurance
- MacBook and external monitor
- Yearly company retreat
- Healthy food (fruit, dairy & snacks) in the office
- English, Portuguese or Japanese language courses
- Surf trips every Wednesday morning before work
- Team lunch every Tuesday
- Drinks and snacks every Friday
- All-hands trip to the beach once a quarter
Sound great, doesn't it? If this position fits your profile, apply now (and don't forget to include your CV in English)!