Back-end Software Developer
R&D – Interfaces
Unbabel’s “Translation as a Service” platform allows modern enterprises to understand and be understood by their customers in dozens of languages.
Powered by AI and refined by a global community of tens of thousands of human linguists, Unbabel delivers professional-grade content at the scale required by modern enterprises like Facebook, Microsoft, Under Armour, Pinterest and Expedia.
Backed by Scale Venture Partners, Notion, Microsoft Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Samsung NEXT and Y Combinator, Unbabel is accelerating the shift to a world without language barriers.
We are a diverse team, working everyday to build an outstanding organisational culture, based on strong values of transparency, team spirit and continuous learning, with a fast paced Silicon Valley atmosphere in the beautiful city of Lisbon, Portugal.
We are looking for an experienced backend developer to build, scale and maintain our internal APIs, lnterfaces and Pipeline. The Interfaces team is responsible for creating, maintaining and evolving our communities' and clients' tools, apps and services.
- Planning and implementation of scalable backend architectures and services
- Refactor of existing services
- Writing reusable, testable and efficient code
- Optimization of services and technical resources
- Profile, Monitor and maintain services
- Support critical applications in production
- Good Python coding skills
- Experience in at least one web framework such as Django or Flask
- Previous experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Strong debugging skills
- Solid understanding of backend architectures (monolyth, hybrid and micro services)
- 2 years experience
- Continuous drive for improving self and overall tech stack
- [Extra] Knowledge of tools such as Ansible, Docker, Vagrant, Chef
- [Extra] Experience with Elixir programming language
- Good verbal and written communication in English(B2 CEFR level)
- Competitive salary at one of Europe’s leading tech startups
- Stimulating startup environment committed to diversity and inclusion
- Individual budget for training and conferences
- Individual budget to setup your workstation(mechanical keyboard, mouse, etc.)
- Stock options
- Health Insurance
- MacBook and external monitor
- Yearly company retreat
- Healthy food (fruit, dairy & snacks) in the office
- English, Portuguese and Japanese language courses
- Surf trips every Thursday morning before work
- Team lunch every Tuesday
- Drinks and snacks every Friday