Freelance Translation Analyst (Polish to English)
Remote - Freelance
z-Freelancers – Quality
Unbabel’s “Translation as a Service” platform allows modern enterprises to understand and be understood by their customers in dozens of languages.
Powered by AI and refined by a global community of tens of thousands of human linguists, Unbabel delivers professional-grade content at the scale required by modern enterprises like Facebook, Microsoft, Under Armour, Pinterest and Expedia. Backed by Scale Venture Partners, Notion, Microsoft Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Samsung NEXT and Y Combinator, Unbabel is accelerating the shift to a world without language barriers.
We are a diverse team, working every day to build an outstanding organizational culture, based on strong values of transparency, team spirit and continuous learning, with a fast-paced Silicon Valley atmosphere.
What is the opportunity?
This is an exciting opportunity for a freelance translation or linguistics professional to work remotely with our dynamic Quality team. You will be working autonomously on multiple translation and linguistics-related tasks. The volume of work may vary according to the business requirements and our clients’ demands.
This is a great opportunity to focus and see the impact of NLP and linguistics in a real business case.
What will you be doing?
- Assessing the quality of translation outputs.
- Providing feedback to post-editors of Machine Translated texts.
- Providing general linguistic consultancy on demand.
What skills do you need?
- Native speaker of Polish and proficient in English
- Master’s degree in Translation, Linguistics, Philology or Language Teaching.
- Work experience as a professional translator or linguist is a must.
- Excellent knowledge of linguistic and translation terminology.
- Up-to-date exposure to popular native culture and the ability to use that knowledge to perform data analysis
- Proofreading/scan-checking skills.
- Great attention to detail while working efficiently.
- Good organizational and analytical skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Availability to work on short deadlines in coordination with a team based in the GMT Time Zone.
If this sounds like a great opportunity for you please apply now with your CV in English! 😊
(We are not accepting candidates coming from recruitment agencies at this moment)