Market Intelligence Expert
Marketing & RevOps – Partner and Product Marketing
Unbabel’s“Translation as a Service” platform allows modern enterprises to understand and be understood by their customers in dozens of languages.
Powered by AI and refined by a global community of tens of thousands of human linguists, Unbabel delivers professional-grade content at the scale required by modern enterprises like Facebook, Microsoft, Under Armour, Pinterest and Expedia.
Backed by Scale Venture Partners, Notion, Microsoft Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Samsung NEXT and Y Combinator, Unbabel is accelerating the shift to a world without language barriers.
We are a diverse team, working every day to build an outstanding organisational culture, based on strong values of transparency, team spirit and continuous learning, with a fast-paced Silicon Valley atmosphere in the beautiful city of Lisbon, Portugal.
We are currently seeking a Market Intelligence Expert for our Partner and Product Marketing team in our Lisbon office.
You will define, lead and execute market, competitive and customer research plans for a selected group of products. You’ll be responsible for understanding the market and the competitive landscape and fuel insights into the positioning of our products in ways that will strengthen our marketing and boost sales.
You will also work closely with our Product Management organisation to help shape the future of our products.
While reporting into Product Marketing Director, you will be working closely with a fellow Market Intelligence expert, a group of Product Marketing Managers, a Content Producer and a Designer.
- Research and analyse key industry trends and production of market reviews.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Uncover market opportunities and inform on competitive positioning to support the strategy.
- Conduct market research for buyer behaviour insights and market dynamics.
- Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make.
- Deliver insights that drive substantial changes to our sales and marketing processes.
- Provide insights for our strategic planning and our product go to market
- Conduct primary market research activities to coordinate with extended marketing and partnership teams.
- Support survey design and selection of the most appropriate online survey tools.
- Be a trusted advisor to the product management and marketing communications teams in developing product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas.
- Coach and update rest of the business on competitive offerings, financials, pricing and marketing positioning.
- Attend trade shows and business intelligence events to collect competitor’s data.
- While reporting into Product Marketing Director, he or she will be working closely with a fellow Market Intelligence expert, a group of Product Marketing Managers, the Product Managers, a Product Content Writer and a Designer.
Qualifications & Skills
- Proven experience as a Market Intelligence/ Analyst/Market Research or similar role in B2B SaaS - bonus points if you have experience in Enterprise software and/or Customer Service Software.
- Initiative and follow-through.
- 3+ years of experience in a market-research role (e.g. conducting competitor analysis and market research, and accustomed to delivering presentations to senior management)
- Degree in Economics, Management, Marketing or Engineering coupled with real world research experience.
- Strong planning and project management skills.
- Strong analytical skills and logical approach.
- High verbal and written communication in English (C1 CEFR level)
- Ability to efficiently communicate to the internal clients/stakeholders, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and a solid writer.
- Excellent people skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. Team player!
- A good balance between an analytical mind-set and thinking outside of the box.
- Good listener, sound observer, skilled networker.
- Intellectual curiosity, unbiased holistic thinking.
- Competitive salary at one of Europe’s leading tech startups
- Stimulating startup environment committed to diversity and inclusion
- Individual budget for training and conferences
- Individual budget to setup your workstation (mechanical keyboard, mouse, etc.)
- Stock options
- Health Insurance
- MacBook and external monitor
- Yearly company retreat
- Healthy food(fruit, dairy & snacks) in the office
- English, Portuguese and Japanese language courses
- Surf trips every Thursday morning before work
- Team lunch every Tuesday
- Drinks and snacks every Friday
Sounds great, doesn't it? If this position fits your profile, apply now with your CV in English!
(We are not accepting candidates coming from recruitment agencies at this moment)