Head of Business Operations (BizOps)
x-Ops – BizOps
Unbabel’s “Translation as a Service” platform allows modern enterprises to understand and be understood by their customers in dozens of languages.
Powered by AI and refined by a global community of tens of thousands of human linguists, Unbabel delivers professional-grade content at the scale required by modern enterprises like Facebook, Microsoft, Under Armour, Pinterest and Expedia.
Backed by Scale Venture Partners, Notion, Microsoft Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Samsung NEXT and Y Combinator, Unbabel is accelerating the shift to a world without language barriers.
We are a diverse team, working every day to build an outstanding organisational culture, based on strong values of transparency, team spirit and continuous learning, with a fast-paced Silicon Valley atmosphere in the beautiful city of Lisbon, Portugal.
We are currently seeking a Head of Business Operations (BizOps) for our BizOps team in our Lisbon office.
BizOps is at the intersection of Marketing, Sales, Operations, and Product. This cross-functional, highly visible role will be the central hub to key stakeholders across the different areas
- Develop a playbook of best-in-class strategies to optimize the conversion funnel, streamline operations, and transform the business.
- Strategize and execute on the operational process improvement roadmap.
- Leverage technology and automation where possible without sacrificing customer experience.
- Launch high-impact initiatives that increase conversion rate, improve customer NPS, decrease costs, and reduce manual processes.
- Establish, obsess over, and own key operations metrics.
- Create KPI monitoring dashboard infrastructure to facilitate real-time decision-making based on data.
- Further a culture of “Data + Action” by leading analyses that include structured and unstructured data, providing recommendations, and executing on initiatives that move our business forward.
- Work closely with Sales and Operations teams to identify and implement opportunities for process improvement.
- Build consensus among cross-functional teams and influence decision making with leadership audiences.
- Mentor team members and build out BizOps team.
Qualifications & Skills
- At least 4 years of work experience including consulting experience from a top-tier management consulting firm, direct experience in Operations or Process Improvement, and at least 2 years of managerial experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Must demonstrate quantifiable, high-impact achievements in previous roles.
- High degree of proficiency working with data and Business Intelligence tools.
- All-around “athlete” who is intellectually curious, highly analytical, and purposefully strategic.
- Ability to multi-task, execute quickly, and get things done. Not afraid to roll up sleeves and lead by example.
- Ability to tackle ambiguous and complicated problems, creating rigorous solution methodologies.
- Results-driven, goal-oriented mindset with high intent on delivering impactful eventualities.
- Resourceful, tactful, and motivational influencer who collaborates actively to get things done.
- Organized, meticulous, and detail-obsessed individual.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (C2 CEFR level) especially in conveying analytical findings with key stakeholders.
- Competitive salary at one of Europe’s leading tech startups
- Stimulating startup environment committed to diversity and inclusion
- Individual budget for training and conferences
- Individual budget to set up your workstation (mechanical keyboard, mouse, etc.)
- Stock options
- Health Insurance
- MacBook and external monitor
- Yearly company retreat
- Healthy food (fruit, dairy & snacks) in the office
- Free language courses
- Surf trips every Thursday morning before work
- Team lunch every Tuesday
- Drinks and snacks every Friday
Sounds great, doesn't it? If this position fits your profile, apply now with your CV in English!
(We are not accepting candidates coming from recruitment agencies at this moment)