Site Reliability (DevOps) Engineer
R&D – DevOps
Unbabel’s “Translation as a Service” platform allows modern enterprises to understand and be understood by their customers in dozens of languages.
Powered by AI and refined by a global community of tens of thousands of human linguists, Unbabel delivers professional-grade content at the scale required by modern enterprises like Facebook, Microsoft, Under Armour, Pinterest and Expedia.
Backed by Scale Venture Partners, Notion, Microsoft Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Samsung NEXT and Y Combinator, Unbabel is accelerating the shift to a world without language barriers.
We are a diverse team, working everyday to build an outstanding organisational culture, based on strong values of transparency, team spirit and continuous learning, with a fast paced Silicon Valley atmosphere in the beautiful city of Lisbon, Portugal.
We are looking for an experienced Site Reliability/DevOps to create and maintain the Unbabel Infrastructure as well as help in developing the core processes for the rest of the Unbabel development team. The Unbabel stack includes several applications, from highly-scalable webapps, to deep learning systems and highly complex queue and routing systems. Experience with Ansible, Docker/Kubernetes and AWS/GCP as well as common web-app deployment components (NGINX, Mongo, Postgres, RabbitMQ, Redis) are required.
- Maintain and extend the current Unbabel infrastructure.
- Develop tools and procedures to allow developers to ship their code faster to the different Unbabel Applications.
- Monitor different parts of the stack.
- Enforce common guidelines and testing procedures to the entire Unbabel Team.
- Plan and Develop a micro-services architecture.
- Availability to maintain and support critical applications in production.
- Excellent AWS/GCP and Ansible (like) skills.
- Experience in container technologies (Docker) and orchestration (Kubernetes) are highly valuable.
- Strong knowledge of monitoring and logging procedures.
- Experience dealing with micro-services architectures and best practices.
- Positive attitude.
- 2 years experience minimum.
- Good verbal and written communication in English (B2 CEFR level)
- Competitive salary at one of Europe’s leading tech startups
- Stimulating startup environment committed to diversity and inclusion
- Individual budget for training and conferences
- Individual budget to setup your workstation (mechanical keyboard, mouse, etc.)
- Stock options
- Health Insurance
- MacBook and external monitor
- Yearly company retreat
- Healthy food(fruit, dairy & snacks) in the office
- English, Portuguese and Japanese language courses
- Surf trips every Thursday morning before work
- Team lunch every Tuesday
- Drinks and snacks every Friday
Sounds great, doesn't it? If this position fits your profile, apply now with your CV in English!
(We are not accepting candidates coming from recruitment agencies at this moment)