Freelance - Terminologists (English to Arabic)
Remote - Freelance
z-Freelancers – Quality
Unbabel’s “Translation as a Service” platform allows modern enterprises to understand and be understood by their customers in dozens of languages.
Powered by AI and refined by a global community of tens of thousands of human linguists, Unbabel delivers professional-grade content at the scale required by modern enterprises like Facebook, Microsoft, Under Armour, Pinterest and Expedia. Backed by Scale Venture Partners, Notion, Microsoft Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Samsung NEXT and Y Combinator, Unbabel is accelerating the shift to a world without language barriers.
We are a diverse team, working everyday to build an outstanding organisational culture, based on strong values of transparency, team spirit and continuous learning, with a fast paced Silicon Valley atmosphere.
What is the opportunity ?
This is an exciting opportunity for a freelance Terminologist to work remotely with our dynamic and fast growing implementation team.You will be working autonomously on multiple linguistic assignments, covering translation and curation tasks for well-known clients. You will be assigned to the thrill of gathering, selecting and connecting the accurate terminology with all kinds of new tools that will assist and automate the translation.This is a great opportunity to focus and see the impact of NLP in a real business case.
- Create/curate linguistic resources (LRs), such as glossaries and translation memories
- Translate the source terms of LRs to your native language
- Optimize and update existing LRs in order to guarantee quality assurance.
- Native Arabic and fluent English
- Bachelor or Master Degree in translation or related disciplinesAdvanced knowledge of terminology/localization theory and practice
- Technical skills and good knowledge in linguistic analysis, NLP and AI.
- Proficiency in the use, creation, and management of terminology databases
- Prescriptive vs. descriptive terminology work
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and to learn inhouse tools.
- Flexibility & adaptability – remote work, speed, working times etc.
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills.
If this position fits your profile, apply now with your CV in English! 😊
(We are not accepting candidates coming from recruitment agencies at this moment)