Full Stack Software Developer
R&D – Engineering
Unbabel’s “Translation as a Service” platform allows modern enterprises to understand and be understood by their customers in dozens of languages.
Powered by AI and refined by a global community of tens of thousands of human linguists, Unbabel delivers professional-grade content at the scale required by modern enterprises like Facebook, Microsoft, Under Armour, Pinterest and Expedia.
Backed by Scale Venture Partners, Notion, Microsoft Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Samsung NEXT and Y Combinator, Unbabel is accelerating the shift to a world without language barriers.
We are a diverse team, working everyday to build an outstanding organisational culture, based on strong values of transparency, team spirit and continuous learning, with a fast paced Silicon Valley atmosphere in the beautiful city of Lisbon, Portugal.
We are looking for a mid to senior fullstack developer to build, scale and maintain key platform systems at Unbabel. The Platform team is responsible for all applications, services, tools and real-time systems that support our community of 100K users around the world.
- Planning and implementation of scalable architectures and services
- Writing reusable, testable and efficient code
- Optimization of services and technical resources
- Profile, Monitor and maintain existing web applications and micro services
- Support critical applications in production
- Experience building web apps
- Good Python coding skills
- Experience with at least one web framework such as Django or Flask
- Experience with frontend technologies HTML5, CSS3, JS
- Experience with at least one frontend frameworks/tools such as jQuery, Vue, Angular, etc.
- Previous experience with SQL or NoSQL databases
- Strong debugging skills
- minimum 2 years experience
- Continuous drive for improving self and overall tech stack
- Willingness to learn new technologies and share them with the team
- Solid english speaking skills
- Knowledge of tools such as Ansible, Docker, Vagrant, Chef, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of other tech stacks (Elixir, Go, Clojure, etc.)
Nice to have
- Competitive salary at one of Europe’s leading startups
- Stimulating startup environment committed to diversity and inclusion
- Individual budget for training and conferences
- Individual budget to setup your own workstation (mechanical keyboard, mouse, etc.)
- Relocation Package
- Stock options
- Health Insurance
- MacBook Pro and external monitor
- English or Portuguese language courses
- Surf trips every Friday morning before work
- Team lunch every Tuesday
- All-hands trip to the beach once a quarter
- Yearly company retreat