Junior Finance Analyst
Operations – Finance
Unbabel’s“Translation as a Service” platform allows modern enterprises to understand and be understood by their customers in dozens of languages.
Powered by AI and refined by a global community of tens of thousands of human linguists, Unbabel delivers professional-grade content at the scale required by modern enterprises like Facebook, Microsoft, Under Armour, Pinterest and Expedia.
Backed by Scale Venture Partners, Notion, Microsoft Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Samsung NEXT and Y Combinator, Unbabel is accelerating the shift to a world without language barriers.
We are a diverse team, working every day to build an outstanding organisational culture, based on strong values of transparency, team spirit and continuous learning, with a fast-paced Silicon Valley atmosphere in the beautiful city of Lisbon, Portugal.
We are currently seeking a Finance Assistant for our Finance team in our Lisbon office.
- Establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures
- Updating financial spreadsheets with daily transactions
- Tracking and reconciling bank statements
- Create cost analysis reports (fixed and variable costs)
- Support the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Provide administrative support during the budget preparation
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- All teams
Qualifications & Skills
- BSc / Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Management
- 2+ years of work experience as a Finance Assistant or similar role
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Advanced MS Excel skills (creating spreadsheets and using financial functions)
- Excellent verbal and written communication in business English
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Proactivity, empathy, and autonomy
- Attention to detail, with an ability to spot numerical errors
- Ability to work and learn in a fast-paced and target-driven environment
- Competitive salary at one of Europe’s leading tech startups
- Stimulating startup environment committed to diversity and inclusion
- Individual budget for training and conferences
- Individual budget to setup your workstation(mechanical keyboard, mouse, etc.)
- Stock options
- Health Insurance
- MacBook and external monitor
- Yearly company retreat
- Healthy food(fruit, dairy & snacks) in the office
- English, Portuguese and Japanese language courses
- Surf trips every Thursday morning before work
- Team lunch every Tuesday
- Drinks and snacks every Friday
Sounds great, doesn't it? If this position fits your profile, apply now with your CV in English!
(We are not accepting candidates coming from recruitment agencies at this moment)