People Ops (HR) Director
People Ops – HR
Unbabel’s “Translation as a Service” platform allows modern enterprises to understand and be understood by their customers in dozens of languages.
Powered by AI and refined by a global community of tens of thousands of human linguists, Unbabel delivers professional-grade content at the scale required by modern enterprises like Facebook, Microsoft, Under Armour, Pinterest and Expedia.
Backed by Scale Venture Partners, Notion, Microsoft Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Samsung NEXT and Y Combinator, Unbabel is accelerating the shift to a world without language barriers.
We are a diverse team, working every day to build an outstanding organisational culture, based on strong values of transparency, team spirit and continuous learning, with a fast-paced Silicon Valley atmosphere in the beautiful city of Lisbon, Portugal.
We are looking for an incredible Director of People Operations to direct and oversee the company’s Human Resources plans in ways that support our mission and overall strategy.
This position has high accountability and reports to the Leadership Team. We want candidates who can prove they are leaders and strategic thinkers, effective people managers and problem-solvers. If you wear all these hats, have a solid HR background and thrive in ambiguity we want to talk to you.
The goal is to promote the role of strategic HR and ensure the long-term success of both HR and the organization as a whole.
- Develop strategic HR plans and policies (recruitment, training, compensation, careers, etc.)
- Hire, guide and evaluate the work of HR executives.
- Decide and act on initiatives for equal opportunity, diversity etc.
- Ensure HR compliance according to the different jurisdictions we operate, leveraging on local support services.
- Drive continuous improvement of processes to ensure maximum efficiency as the organization grows.
- Coach senior management on people and organization challenges and opportunities.
- Analyze the effectiveness of HR operations and policies.
- Prepare reports for the Leadership using business metrics and KPIs
- Recommend and control the area budget.
- Embrace People OPs team’s craziness!
Qualifications & Skills
- Proven track record as Head/Director of HR in organizations with a fast paced growth
- Exceptional verbal and written communication in English (C2 CEFR level)
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation
- Deep knowledge of HR functions (talent management, recruitment, etc.)
- Ability to use metrics and analytics
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Well-organized, with excellent leadership and follow-through qualities.
- Experience in working across multiple geographies and timezones
- BSc/BA in business, HR, social sciences or related field; MSc/MA/MBA is preferable
- The entire organization :)
- Competitive salary at one of Europe’s leading tech startups
- Stimulating startup environment committed to diversity and inclusion
- Individual budget for training and conferences
- Individual budget to set up your workstation (mechanical keyboard, mouse, etc.)
- Stock options
- Health Insurance
- MacBook and external monitor
- Yearly company retreat
- Healthy food (fruit, dairy & snacks) in the office
- English, Portuguese and Japanese language courses
- Surf trips every Thursday morning before work
- Team lunch every Tuesday
- Drinks and snacks every Friday
Sounds great, doesn't it? If this position fits your profile, apply now with your CV in English!
(We are not accepting candidates coming from recruitment agencies at this moment)