Customer Support Specialist
Operations – Customer Support
Unbabel’s “Translation as a Service” platform allows modern enterprises to understand and be understood by their customers in dozens of languages.
Powered by AI and refined by a global community of tens of thousands of human linguists, Unbabel delivers professional-grade content at the scale required by modern enterprises like Pinterest, Skyscanner, Under Armour and Rovio.
Backed by Scale Venture Partners, Notion, Microsoft Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Samsung NEXT and Y Combinator, Unbabel is accelerating the shift to a world without language barriers.
We are a diverse team, working everyday to build an outstanding organisational culture, based on strong values of transparency, team spirit and continuous learning, with a fast paced Silicon Valley atmosphere in the beautiful city of Lisbon, Portugal.
We are now looking to expand our Customer Support team to contribute to our growth from our headquarters in beautiful Lisbon.
As a Customer Support Specialist (CSS), you are a key point of contact for our customers providing product and service information and resolving any issues our customers experience with accuracy, efficiency and enthusiasm. Our current communication channel is email but may soon include chat and phone as well.
The best CSSs are genuinely excited to help customers. They’re patient, empathetic, excellent listeners and articulate communicators. CSSs put themselves in their customers’ shoes and advocate for them when necessary. Problem-solving also comes naturally, with confidence in troubleshooting, investigating and resolving issues as well as collaborating with cross-functional teams if more inputs are needed to achieve resolution.
Our objective is to ensure excellent service standards, respond efficiently to customer inquiries and maintain the highest levels customer satisfaction.
- Open and maintain customer accounts by recording account information
- Resolve product or service issues by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; determining and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction; following up to ensure full resolution within SLAs
- Prepare service reports by collecting and analyzing customer information
- Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction
- Build sustainable trust-based relationships through open and interactive communication through multiple channels (digital and voice)
- Provide accurate, valid and complete information by using the right methods/tools
- Keep records of customer interactions, process customer accounts and file documents
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies
- Go the extra mile to engage customers
- Recommend potential product or service enhancements to management by collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs
- Identify and pass sales opportunities to the Sales team
- Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Community, Business Operations, Finance, Quality, Product Management and Engineering
Qualifications and Skills
- Near-native level of English with a fully fluid discourse and a superb vocabulary toolkit (absolutely mandatory).
- Proven customer support/service experience in an enterprise/high value customer context
- Superlative phone and written contact handling skills and active listening
- Familiarity with CRM, ideally Salesforce Service Cloud, systems and practices
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong and determined troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Degree or equivalent professional experience
- Proactivity, empathy and autonomy
- Ability to work and learn in a fast-paced and target-driven environment
- 24/7 availability (with the possibility to work occasionally from home).
- Competitive salary at one of Europe’s leading tech startups
- Stimulating startup environment committed to diversity and inclusion
- Individual budget for training and conferences
- Individual budget to set up your workstation (mechanical keyboard, mouse, etc.)
- Stock options
- Health Insurance
- MacBook Air and external monitor
- Yearly company retreat
- Healthy food (fruit, dairy & snacks) in the office
- English, Portuguese and Japanese language courses
- Surf trips every Thursday morning before work
- Team lunch every Tuesday
- Drinks and snacks every Friday
Sound great, doesn't it? this position truly fits your profile, apply now with your CV in English!