R&D – Platform
Unbabel’s “Translation as a Service” platform allows modern enterprises to understand and be understood by their customers in dozens of languages.
Powered by AI and refined by a global community of tens of thousands of human linguists, Unbabel delivers professional-grade content at the scale required by modern enterprises like Pinterest, Skyscanner, Under Armour and Rovio.
Backed by Scale Venture Partners, Notion, Microsoft Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Samsung NEXT and Y Combinator, Unbabel is accelerating the shift to a world without language barriers.
We are a diverse team, working everyday to build an outstanding organisational culture, based on strong values of transparency, team spirit and continuous learning, with a fast paced Silicon Valley atmosphere in the beautiful city of Lisbon, Portugal.
We are looking for a Support Engineer who can help us provide a first class service, meet with clients to understand specific technical requirements and implement custom solutions. We're looking for a jack of all trades who will be key in delivering the best customer experience.
- Planning and implementation of custom solutions based on our API, services and products
- Support critical applications in production
- Handhold clients during trials and API integration processes
- Organize and represent Unbabel Hackathons
- Support internal operations
- Experience building web apps
- Good Python coding skills
- Experience with at least one web framework such as Django or Flask
- Some experience with frontend technologies HTML5, CSS3, JS
- Previous experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- 0-2 years work experience
- Willingness to learn new technologies and share them with the team
- Solid english speaking skills
- Competitive salary at one of Europe’s leading startups
- Stimulating startup environment committed to diversity and inclusion
- Individual budget for training and conferences
- Individual budget to setup your own workstation (mechanical keyboard, mouse, etc.)
- Relocation Package
- Stock options
- Health Insurance
- MacBook Pro and external monitor
- English or Portuguese language courses
- Surf trips every Friday morning before work
- Team lunch every Tuesday
- All-hands trip to the beach once a quarter
- Yearly company retreat