Full Stack Software Developer
Our Labs team looks toward the future to discover and create game-changing products. We are a team of developers, designers and AI researchers driven by first principles and fast experimentation. You will participate in this discovery process by applying the cutting-edge full stack technologies that transform ideas and prototypes into innovative products that customers love.
Unbabel’s“Translation as a Service” platform allows modern enterprises to understand and be understood by their customers in dozens of languages.
Powered by AI and refined by a global community of tens of thousands of human linguists, Unbabel delivers professional-grade content at the scale required by modern enterprises like Facebook, Microsoft, Under Armour, Pinterest and Expedia.
Backed by Scale Venture Partners, Notion, Microsoft Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Samsung NEXT and Y Combinator, Unbabel is accelerating the shift to a world without language barriers.
We are a diverse team, working every day to build an outstanding organizational culture, with a strong emphasis on transparency, collaboration, and continuous learning. We reproduce the fast-paced atmosphere of Silicon Valley in the beautiful city of Lisbon, Portugal.
We are looking for a full stack developer to join the Labs team in our Lisbon office to work on exciting new projects, prototypes and applications.
- Participate in the creation of game-changing products
- Implement Minimum Viable Products(MVPs)
- Develop experiments to validate the technical feasibility of ideas
- Build prototypes at a fast pace
- Define and architect the different components of a Minimum Viable Product(MVP)
- Continuously learn and apply new cutting-edge full-stack technologies
- Write reusable, testable and efficient code
- Profile, monitor and maintain existing Web applications and microservices
- Support exciting new applications
- Experience building Web apps
- Good Python coding skills
- Experience with at least one Web framework such as Django or Flask
- Experience with frontend technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, JS
- Experience with at least one frontend framework or tool, such as jQuery, Vue, Angular, etc.
- Previous experience with SQL or NoSQL databases
- Strong debugging skills
- Continuous drive for improving the overall tech stack
- Willingness to learn new technologies and share them with the team
- Good verbal and written communication in English(B2 CEFR level)
- Minimum 2 years experience
- Knowledge of tools such as Ansible, Docker, Vagrant, Chef, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of other tech stacks(Elixir, Go, Clojure, etc.)
Nice to have
- Competitive salary at one of Europe’s leading tech startups
- Stimulating startup environment committed to diversity and inclusion
- Individual budget for training and conferences
- Individual budget to setup your workstation (mechanical keyboard, mouse, etc.)
- Stock options
- Health Insurance
- MacBook and external monitor
- Yearly company retreat
- Healthy food (fruit, dairy & snacks) in the office
- Free language courses
- Surf trips every Thursday morning before work
- Team lunch every Tuesday
- Drinks and snacks every Friday
Sounds great, doesn't it? If this position fits your profile, apply now with your CV in English!
(we are not accepting candidates coming from recruitment agencies at this moment)