Back-end Software Developer
R&D – Platform
Unbabel’s “Translation as a Service” platform allows modern enterprises to understand and be understood by their customers in dozens of languages.
Powered by AI and refined by a global community of tens of thousands of human linguists, Unbabel delivers professional-grade content at the scale required by modern enterprises like Facebook, Microsoft, Under Armour, Pinterest and Expedia.
Backed by Scale Venture Partners, Notion, Microsoft Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Samsung NEXT and Y Combinator, Unbabel is accelerating the shift to a world without language barriers.
We are a diverse team, working everyday to build an outstanding organisational culture, based on strong values of transparency, team spirit and continuous learning, with a fast paced Silicon Valley atmosphere in the beautiful city of Lisbon, Portugal.
We are looking for an experienced mid to senior back-end developer to build, scale and maintain key platform systems at Unbabel. The Platform team is responsible for all applications, services and tools that support our community of 100K users around the world, our Quality and Data teams and real-time systems.
- Planning and implementation of scalable architectures and services
- Writing reusable, testable and efficient code
- Optimization of services and technical resources
- Profile, Monitor and maintain existing web applications and micro services
- Support critical applications in production
- Experience building web apps
- Good Python coding skills
- Experience with at least one web framework such as Django or Flask
- Previous experience with SQL or NoSQL databases
- 2 years min experience
- Continuous drive for improving self and overall tech stack
- Willingness to learn new technologies and share them with the team
- Good english speaking skills
- Knowledge of tools such as Ansible, Docker, Vagrant, Chef, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of other tech stacks (Elixir, Go, Clojure, etc.)
Nice to have
- Competitive salary at one of Europe’s leading startups
- Stimulating startup environment committed to diversity and inclusion
- Individual budget for training and conferences
- Individual budget to setup your own workstation (mechanical keyboard, mouse, etc.)
- Relocation Package
- Stock options
- Health Insurance
- MacBook Pro and external monitor
- English or Portuguese language courses
- Surf trips every Friday morning before work
- Team lunch every Tuesday
- All-hands trip to the beach once a quarter
- Yearly company retreat