Operations – Tech Ops
Unbabel’s “Translation as a Service” platform allows modern enterprises to understand and be understood by their customers in dozens of languages.
Powered by AI and refined by a global community of tens of thousands of human linguists, Unbabel delivers professional-grade content at the scale required by modern enterprises like Facebook, Microsoft, Under Armour, Pinterest and Expedia.
Backed by Scale Venture Partners, Notion, Microsoft Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Samsung NEXT and Y Combinator, Unbabel is accelerating the shift to a world without language barriers.
We are a diverse team, working every day to build an outstanding organisational culture, based on strong values of transparency, team spirit and continuous learning, with a fast-paced Silicon Valley atmosphere in the beautiful city of Lisbon, Portugal.
We are currently seeking an Office Manager for our People Ops team in our Lisbon office.
This multi-talented person will oversee and execute the day-to-day operations of 5 c-lose-by offices in Lisbon. They need to be extremely autonomous and self-motivated, have a passion for people and excel under stress, with the ability to juggle a vast array of tasks.
Come help us define the culture and experience of our Lisbon offices; this is an opportunity to build something unique!
- Have a 360º view on office management
- Is able to guide and persuade team to comply with office regulations
- Evaluate existing procedures
- Design and implement procedural improvements
- Prepare materials describing procedures and standards
- Communicate changes in policies and procedures
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures by staff members
- Maintain, order and upkeep office equipment and furniture
- Organize repairs and upgrades
- Follow through on maintenance agreements and contracts
- Ensure payments are executed
- Order and maintain office supplies ( heavy lifting required )
- Greet Clients, Answer Phones, and Reception Door
- Research vendors for pricing and delivery options
- Troubleshoot basic computer and systems problems
- Liaise with IT specialists to resolve problems
- Point of Contact to all staff members regarding office related issues
- Point of Contact for reception of all offices (answering door and phones)
- Point of Contact for all ad hoc requests
- All functions and people
Qualifications & Skills
- Project management experience
- 2+ years of experience in office management
- Advanced Google Suite / Microsoft Office skills (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Flexible working hours
- High verbal and written communication in English (C1 CEFR level)
- Precise and rigorous - excellent attention to detail
- Strong team spirit
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to cope with pressure and short deadlines
- Diligence - Display dedication and prioritise problems by considering the impact on the business; identify quick-wins
- Discretion – Respect confidentiality when required on sensitive matters
- Resilience - Stay calm and positive, is comfortable when faced with conflict
- Competitive salary at one of Europe’s leading tech startups
- Stimulating startup environment committed to diversity and inclusion
- Individual budget for training and conferences
- Individual budget to setup your workstation(mechanical keyboard, mouse, etc.)
- Stock options
- Health Insurance
- MacBook and external monitor
- Yearly company retreat
- Healthy food(fruit, dairy & snacks) in the office
- English, Portuguese and Japanese language courses
- Surf trips every Thursday morning before work
- Team lunch every Tuesday
- Drinks and snacks every Friday
Sounds great, doesn't it? If this position fits your profile, apply now with your CV in English!
(We are not accepting candidates coming from recruitment agencies at this moment)