R&D – Data
Powered by AI and refined by a global community of tens of thousands of human linguists, Unbabel delivers professional-grade content at the scale required by modern enterprises like Facebook, Microsoft, Under Armour, Pinterest and Expedia.
Backed by Scale Venture Partners, Notion, Microsoft Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Samsung NEXT and Y Combinator, Unbabel is accelerating the shift to a world without language barriers.
We are a diverse team, working everyday to build an outstanding organisational culture, based on strong values of transparency, team spirit and continuous learning, with a fast paced Silicon Valley atmosphere in the beautiful city of Lisbon, Portugal.
We are now looking for a Data Engineer to join our growing Data team. The Data Scientist will partner with Product, AI and Engineering to explore our data in order to identify and present hidden trends and facts.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with all of our products
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Measure performance of core R&D KPIs using data exploration and analysis
- Design and run experiments to improve our products
- Communicating state of business experiment results to product teams
- Teams from the AI tribe, Product and Engineering
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics;
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other technical field
- Knowledge of statistics (e.g., hypothesis testing, regressions)
- Strong knowledge of data analysis fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms;
- Experience manipulating data sets through statistical software (ex. R) or other methods
- Experience in SQL and some scripting language (e.g Python, R, etc)
- Experience and insight into statistical and machine learning models such as regressions, Markov, decision trees, clustering, neural networks, convolutional networks, deep learning, graphs, SVM;
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
What you'll get
- To be part of a dynamic team in fast growing international start up
- Chance to learn tonnes from incredible people
- Competitive salary at one of Europe’s leading startups
- Stimulating startup environment committed to diversity and inclusion
- Individual budget for training and conferences
- Stock options
- Health Insurance
- MacBook Air and external monitor
- English or Portuguese language courses
- Surf trips every Thursday morning before work
- Team lunch every Tuesday
- Drinks and snacks every Friday
- All-hands trip to the beach once a quarter
- Yearly company retreat
Sounds great, doesn't it? Before applying, we invite you to do a mental checklist of the following points:
- Is my CV in English?
- Do I have any typos in my CV?
- Is this position aligned with my professional ambitions?
If you check all these items, please apply below.