Freelance Translation Analyst (Polish to English)
Remote - Freelance
z-Freelancers – Quality
What's the opportunity about? 📢
This is an exciting opportunity for a freelance translation or linguistics professional with native English and fluent in Polish to work remotely with our dynamic Linguistic Services team. You will be working autonomously on multiple translation and linguistics-related tasks requested by well-known clients from all over the globe!
As an Evaluator, you will evaluate the post-edits (Human Editing) performed by our Editors on Machine Translation source text (MT). This means that Evaluators are the gatekeepers of quality, as they assess the corrections made on top of MT, of our Editors.
This is a great opportunity to focus and see the impact of NLP and linguistics in a real business case.
You'll help create understanding by... 🗝
- Assessing the performance of our Editors and providing feedback accordingly.
- Evaluating the post-edits.
- Analysing the content translated.
- Assessing the quality of translations and making recommendations for quality improvement.
- Providing general linguistic consultancy on demand.
You'll move the needle if you have... 🛠
- Native level of English and proficiency in Polish.
- Degree related to Translation or Linguistics (MA is preferred).
- Work experience as a professional translator or linguist is a must.
- Excellent knowledge of linguistic and translation terminology.
- Up-to-date exposure to popular native culture and the ability to use that knowledge to perform data analysis.
- Proofreading/scan-checking skills.
- Great attention to detail while working efficiently.
- Good organizational and analytical skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Availability to work on short deadlines in coordination with a team based in the GMT Time Zone.
The Tower of Unbabel 🚀
Unbabel’s “Translation as a Service” platform allows modern enterprises to understand and be understood by their customers in dozens of languages.
Powered by AI and refined by a global community of tens of thousands of human linguists, Unbabel delivers professional-grade content at the scale required by modern enterprises like Facebook, Microsoft, Under Armour, Pinterest and Expedia. Backed by Scale Venture Partners, Notion, Microsoft Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Samsung NEXT and Y Combinator, Unbabel is accelerating the shift to a world without language barriers.
Unbabelers come from over 30 countries and have created a scaling company that embraces diversity, transparency, team spirit and continuous learning, with a fast-paced Silicon Valley atmosphere in the beautiful city of Lisbon, Portugal. You will feel part of an amazing, united and enthusiastic company that is ready to fly to unknown places. Are you ready to get onboard this rocketship?
If this sounds like a great opportunity for you please apply now with your CV in English! 😊