HR Coordinator/ Office Manager, SF
x-Ops – People Ops
What's the opportunity about? 📢
Unbabel is looking for an enthusiastic jack of all trades HR Coordinator / Office Manager to join the People Ops Team. This role is based in San Francisco and will play an integral role by supporting the day to day logistics and HR activities, acting as a bridge between our two main offices (Lisbon and SF).
The ideal candidate is someone who has solid organizational skills and is familiar with HR tasks. Has experience in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and is able to work independently with little or no supervision.
You'll help create understanding by... 🗝
- Being the go to person in our San Francisco office in relation to all matters related to the Office and HR.
- Working as San Francisco’s office ambassador you will address all employees’ queries related to office. management issues (e.g. stationery, Hardware).
- Actively participating in the organisation of company events, together with the Marketing Team.
- Managing contract and price negotiations with office vendors, suppliers, service providers (cleaning, catering, security services) and office lease.
- Continuously seeking improvement through assessing current office trends and providing feedback to the management accordingly.
- Being responsible for HR data integrity by tracking and updating internal information.
- Assisting with US Payroll with the support of Lisbon People Ops and Finance team.
- Supporting in the US benefit management Preparing reports and presentations on HR, Office Management and recruitment related metrics.
- Developing training and onboarding materialScheduling Interviews with external and internal applicants.
- Organising the logistics, records and details related primarily to San Francisco office though working closely and aligning with the Office Management and People Ops Teams in Lisbon.
You'll move the needle if you have... 🛠
- Passion for people and ability to proactively move the needle in a fast paced environment.
- Creative mindset to solve issues and to embrace changes.
- Proven experience in Office Management or in an Administrative/Assistant role.
- Knowledge of Office Management responsibilities, systems and procedures.
- Advanced skills in Office suite – Excel, Word - but also Mac iOS programs - Keynote.
- Familiarity with US benefits, payroll and policies, as well as willingness to learn about it.
- Excellent time management, multitasking and prioritization skills.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and international environment
We build our tower with love, dedication and... 💙
- Competitive salary at one of the leading B2B SaaS startups.
- Stimulating startup culture committed to diversity and inclusion.
- Individual budget for training and conferences.
- Stock options
- Health Insurance.
- Yearly company retreat in Portugal.
The Tower of Unbabel 🚀
Unbabel’s “Translation as a Service” platform allows modern enterprises to understand and be understood by their customers in dozens of languages.
Powered by AI and refined by a global community of tens of thousands of human linguists, Unbabel delivers professional-grade content at the scale required by modern enterprises like Facebook, Microsoft, Under Armour, Pinterest and Expedia.
Backed by Scale Venture Partners, Notion, Microsoft Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Samsung NEXT and Y Combinator, Unbabel is accelerating the shift to a world without language barriers.
Unbabelers come from over 30 countries and have created a scaling company that embraces diversity, transparency, team spirit and continuous learning, with a fast-paced Silicon Valley atmosphere in the beautiful city of Lisbon, Portugal.
Does this sound good to you? Then this may be the right opportunity for you - join us on this amazing journey, please submit your CV in English.