Summer AI Research Internship
R&D – AI Research
Unbabel’s “Translation as a Service” platform allows modern enterprises to understand and be understood by their customers in dozens of languages.
Powered by AI and refined by a global community of tens of thousands of human linguists, Unbabel delivers professional-grade content at the scale required by modern enterprises like Pinterest, Skyscanner, Under Armour and Rovio.
Backed by Scale Venture Partners, Notion, Microsoft Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Samsung NEXT and Y Combinator, Unbabel is accelerating the shift to a world without language barriers.
We are a diverse team, working everyday to build an outstanding organisational culture, based on strong values of transparency, team spirit and continuous learning, with a fast paced Silicon Valley atmosphere in the beautiful city of Lisbon, Portugal.
We are looking for AI Research Summer Interns to work on 3-month Summer projects related to Machine Translation, Quality Estimation, and Natural Language Processing.
- Implement new models, methods, or algorithms that surpass the state-of-the-art in Machine Translation, Quality Estimation, or Natural Language Processing
- Conduct experiments on the massive data generated at Unbabel
- (Optional) Publish the results in a top-tier research conference (ACL, EMNLP, ICML, ICLR)
- Pursuing a MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 1+ years of experience with Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence techniques and tools
- 1+ years of experience programming with Python, Java, OR C++
- Demonstrated ability in the application of Machine Learning/AI in real-world settings
- Experience with Deep Learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, DyNet, PyTorch, Sockeye, or Marian
- Have a critical mindset to judge different approaches and evaluate potential research problems
- Be goal-oriented and capable of breaking research problems into milestones
- Work and learn from top AI/NLP researchers
- Opportunity to work with unique real world datasets
- Stimulating startup environment committed to diversity and inclusion
- Surf trips every Wednesday morning before work