Senior Product Manager
San Francisco, CA, USA /
About Underground Cellar:
Underground Cellar is a Y Combinator and VC-backed startup based in San Francisco that is currently experiencing hyper-growth. We’ve ‘gamified’ wine sales through our addictive e-commerce platform that gives buyers a great value through “upgrades”, allowing wineries to quickly sell wine without resorting to brand-damaging discounts. Underground Cellar has become the most exciting way to buy wine in the world, with over 1,000,000 bottles sold to thousands of customers through the platform.
We’re looking for someone to jump right in and join a highly-effective and talented team of people who are solving challenging problems and learning from one another. We value talent and dedication just as much as we encourage creativity and passion. Join our team!
What you will do and the impact you’ll have:
As our Senior Product Manager, you will be responsible for taking Underground Cellar’s product vision and strategy to a whole new level. Our ‘gamified’ e-commerce platform merges the worlds of physical and digital, leveraging e-commerce, game theory, and gamification to completely transform how customers discover, buy, and store the best wines in the world. Customers are OBSESSED with our platform, leading to growth of 10x in the past 18 months at a $25M run rate, and we’re on track to 10x in the next 18-24 months again! In this role, you’ll work alongside the design, data, and engineering teams to ensure everything is properly scoped, prioritized, and smoothly executing. You will report to our VP Product and work cross-functionally with other company leaders to ensure you have significant input in bringing our product vision to life.
The ideal candidate has nurtured early ideas in the past and turned them into tangible applications. You get excited about complicated challenges that intersect with two-sided networks and love talking to customers. You are motivated by ownership, want to work with a small and rapidly-growing team that shares similar values. Above all else, you are committed to developing thoughtful, meaningful experiences that better the lives of all who use our platform.
- Talk to customers and do research to understand what they want
- Create, communicate, and execute product features based on key insights
- Scope and develop projects while meeting company efficiency goals
- Work closely with VP Product to drive decision making
- Help create and execute the company product roadmap while tracks against core metrics
- Create and explain project goals, specs, and limitations throughout the company
- Interact cross-functionally to successfully achieve project goals
- Experience as a product manager who worked on product teams for fast-growing b2c or gaming startups
- Highly creative, while being analytical, with a quantitative-based approach to thinking
- Can work with a high level of autonomy, while rallying your team to execute at a high level alongside you
- Can hustle, while still maintaining attention to detail
- Relentlessly resourceful with an adaptive attitude, willing to roll with the punches and experiment with new ideas
- Interested in wine, but prior wine industry experience is not necessary
We’ve Got You Covered
Underground Cellar is invested in the health and wellness of our family-like team:
- Equity ownership for every employee
- Competitive base salary
- Premium health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with matching
- Flexible work hours and unlimited paid time off
- Parental leave benefits
- Company-wide events and travel (we took the whole team to Hawaii once!)
- Free gym membership
- Free and low-cost bottles of wine shipped to you to expand your wine knowledge
- Complimentary wine tastings throughout Napa, and more!
Our Core Values - Ones we actually live by!
Lead with integrity
We operate at a high level of integrity that is deeply rooted in large ways and in small daily activities and practices. We act with honor and truthfulness in all that we do.
We achieve the best results through the combined efforts of each individual. Our culture creates an eagerness in employees to take initiative and personal interest in the people with whom they work with.
We place a high value on equality and fair treatment in the workplace. All employees are treated with a high level of respect all while ensuring a safe, diverse, and welcoming work environment free of any form of discrimination.
We own everything in our world, to an extreme degree. We are responsible for not just those tasks which we directly control, but for all those that affect whether or not our mission is successful.
Our executive team maintains open communication and radical transparency in all aspects of the business. We also provide an open line of communication for all employees to voice their opinions. We welcome all suggestions and improvements by team members.
We are a team where positivity is contagious. We’re truly passionate about what we do and look for others who approach their work with the same energy. We're not afraid to get messy and view every challenge as an opportunity to learn and grow.
We value talent and dedication just as much as we encourage creativity and passion. We also believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view that drive us forward every day.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in our hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance to ensure appropriate accommodations are in place.
Due to COVID-19, our standard recruitment process has slightly changed. Click Here learn more about how Underground Cellar is continuing to hire during this time and what you can expect throughout the hiring and onboarding process.
LEARN MORE ABOUT US:
- Shark Tank's Barbara Corcoran Backs Underground Cellar: https://youtu.be/YZWXEBDtdMw