Does designing solutions to unique and novel problems and working with a collaborative, multidisciplinary, caring team excite you? Do you love fast-paced, flexible, and fun environments?
If so, we have a career for you!
As Understory’s Electrical Engineer you will be responsible for component selection, subsystem architecture definition, development, and integration into our current product and next generation product designs. We are looking for an inventive problem solver who loves to build things and thinks cross-functionally – from schematic capture and layout to firmware development and mechanical prototyping. You must be self-driven, passionate about technology, curious, and diverse of thought in finding unique solutions.
Your main role responsibilities will include:
- Iterate on existing proprietary sensor design to improve functionality and reduce cost
- Create mixed signal PCB designs that meet industrial design requirements with an intense focus on size, cost, time to market, and quality targets
- Work closely with team to prototype novel sensing techniques and circuitry
- Provide engineering insight to identify and troubleshoot complex issues arising from RF interference or signal integrity issues
- Work in a multi-disciplinary engineering team for new products, providing electrical design expertise to ensure successful product bring up
- Define electrical architecture and execute development (component selection, schematic capture, layout, bring up, and debug) through the entire product life cycle
- Define test criteria and draft test plans for internal or remote teams
You're exactly what we're looking for if you:
- Have 5+ years of industry experience, connected device experience a plus, especially in low power platforms
- Have deep knowledge in some of the following areas: wireless protocols, RF & antennas, IoT, DSP, signal integrity, mixed signal analog, power management
- Have extensive experience with Altium
- Are self-directed, creative, and maintain a high need for excellence
- Are able to articulate and defend engineering decisions
- Are comfortable with managing outsourced design teams as well as full local design responsibility
- Base salary commensurate with experience
- Full-time benefits
Understory detects rain, hail, wind, and other weather events where the risk to life and property is the greatest – directly at the earth’s surface. Understory's ground-truth detection provides weather data that leads the industry in resolution and fidelity, which has tremendous potential value and application throughout the country as $485 billion of the U.S. economy fluctuates with weather, touching industries such as insurance, agriculture, and broadcast.
Currently, Understory is an early-stage company consisting of twenty awesome team members and is venture backed by $20M+ in financing. Our team works hard, but also makes time for team and family fun!