Summer Internship - all teams
Climate change is creating a crisis for the insurance industry and those who rely on it for financial security.
Every year, severe weather causes billions of dollars of damage. Yet traditional insurers lack the tools to accurately assess and price severe weather risk. Without knowing what to expect, insurers expect the worst, leading to unaffordable premiums. For industries such as retail automotive and agriculture, traditional insurance is becoming unattainable. These business owners are at risk of financial devastation whenever a storm strikes.
Understory is the first company to solve the insurance coverage crisis with parametric insurance for severe weather, starting with hail. Our growing network of ground-based Dot weather sensors, combined with our Atmospheric Intelligence AI, allow us to assess and price any weather risk in the world.
When severe weather strikes, Understory detects it and triggers a fast, predetermined payout. There are no burdensome financial deductibles, and no lengthy claims process. Ultimately, Understory allows capital to quickly flow where it’s needed most after a disaster, protecting everything from automobiles to the world’s food supply.
The Understory team is looking for our 2020 Summer Interns to continue to foster the organization’s future leadership and product development. Our Interns will have the opportunity to experience real world business projects while learning the ropes of a growing international startup, and at the same time, participate in productive and valuable projects.
Internship at Understory
The training provided for our Interns will help you to develop both personally and professionally. As part of your role you will be provided with 1-1 training, including a personalized training program to help you be successful and gain the most from your internship experience.
- The Summer Program is a paid, full-time, 12-week internship
- Students are expected to intern for 40 hours/week alongside their respective team
- Student MUST be available for the entire duration of the program which runs from May 26 - August 14, 2020
Potential Internship Opportunities In
- Data Science
- Software Engineering
- Hardware Engineering
- Business Operations
- Working toward a Bachelor's or Master’s degree
- Be over 18 years of age and able to work in the USA
- Based in the Madison area or able to commute to the Madison area
- Bring their student mentality and be willing to learn new skills
- Have confident communication skills and enjoy working in a collaborative group setting
- Have a solid work ethic and desire to succeed in a fast-paced startup environment
- Work well independently and as part of a team working towards a common goal
- Be slightly competitive and willing to go the extra mile to get the job done