Climate change is creating a crisis for the insurance industry and those who rely on it for financial security.
Every year, severe weather causes billions of dollars of damage. Yet traditional insurers lack the tools to accurately assess and price severe weather risk. Without knowing what to expect, insurers expect the worst, leading to unaffordable premiums. For industries such as retail automotive and agriculture, traditional insurance is becoming unattainable. These business owners are at risk of financial devastation whenever a storm strikes.
Understory is the first company to solve the insurance coverage crisis with data-driven insurance for severe weather, starting with hail. Our growing network of ground-based Dot weather sensors, combined with our Atmospheric Intelligence AI, allow us to assess and price any weather risk in the world.
When severe weather strikes, Understory detects it and triggers a fast, predetermined payout. There are no burdensome financial deductibles, and no lengthy claims process. Ultimately, Understory allows capital to quickly flow where it’s needed most after a disaster, protecting everything from automobiles to the world’s food supply.
About the Role:
We are looking for a talented individual to join the team as a Product Manager at Understory. This very exciting and critical position will help to define the products we build and markets we enter while crafting the future of Understory’s core business worldwide. This position liaises between Product and Marketing and will become intimately familiar with the complex world of insurance globally and explore potential new features, markets, and countries.
Core Responsibilities Will Include:
○ Be the voice of the customer
○ Precisely define product features and benefits, use cases, user experiences, customer targets, messaging and more in a clear MRD (marketing requirements document)
○ Build business cases including revenue, expenses, margin, competition, adoption rates, channels, marketing, with relevant scenarios to aid in decision-making etc.
○ Engage with customers and develop a deep understanding of the customers our products aim to serve to ensure product fit and solution design
○ Conduct market research to ensure product positioning and alignment of messaging
○ Support the marketing team to ensure long-term strategies align to market needs, dynamics and anticipated changes
○ Work cross functionally on feature definition and implementation
○ Clearly define customer profiles, segmentation maps and identify target markets
○ Research, analyze, and monitor competitive landscape to ensure our products remain competitive and well ahead of industry standards
○ Explain technical products in an understandable way to customers
○ Support the Marketing team with development of messaging and materials as needed
○ Support regional commercial teams across NA, EU & AUS in an effort to incorporate product customizations that fit individual markets based on need, preference and competitor features
○ Work as part of a commercial team to understand, analyze, and prioritize R&D efforts and then take those concepts through to commercialization
○ BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
○ 7+ years demonstrable experience in product management/brand marketing/consumer marketing/finance/business admin
○ Strong fundamentals in product management, finance, marketing, sales or similar tracks
○ Deeply empathetic, and obsessed with the customer experience
○ Strong analytical and quantitative skills
○ Experience using data to develop, validate, and measure marketing program effectiveness
○ Evaluate go to market strategies that take into account critical market dynamics necessary to increase profitability and strong market penetration
○ Experience analyzing marketing programs & offers to determine if they are meeting business objectives
○ Experience with end to end product delivery, project management and tracking tools or methods
○ Experience with developing product features and understanding market fit
○ Experience overseeing a product roadmap construction, and definition
○ Strong individual contributor who thrives in a cross-functional team work environment
○ Fast paced, good communicator, problem solver, self-starter, analytical
○ Experience with Insurance is a significant benefit. Experience with the automotive, property or energy industries will be viewed as strong assets
○ Fanatic about the details, scrappy and willing to wear multiple hats, will do what it takes to get the job done, passionate about how technology can make people's lives better
Health benefits 100% covered for your entire family
Dental and vision benefits 100% covered for your entire family
Unlimited vacation policy
Frequent company and team-building events
Lots of company swag