Channel and Demand Marketing Manager
Climate change is creating a crisis for the insurance industry and those who rely on it for financial security.
Every year, severe weather causes billions of dollars of damage. Yet traditional insurers lack the tools to accurately assess and price severe weather risk. Without knowing what to expect, insurers expect the worst, leading to unaffordable premiums. For industries such as retail automotive and agriculture, traditional insurance is becoming unattainable. These business owners are at risk of financial devastation whenever a storm strikes.
Understory is the first company to solve the insurance coverage crisis with parametric insurance for severe weather, starting with hail. Our growing network of ground-based Dot weather sensors, combined with our Atmospheric Intelligence AI, allow us to assess and price any weather risk in the world.
When severe weather strikes, Understory detects it and triggers a fast, predetermined payout. There are no burdensome financial deductibles, and no lengthy claims process. Ultimately, Understory allows capital to quickly flow where it’s needed most after a disaster, protecting everything from automobiles to the world’s food supply.
About the Role
The Channel & Demand Marketing Manager reports to Understory’s Head of Marketing. You will drive growth by helping to define and execute a channel and demand marketing program for the company.
This role represents an opportunity to help provide financial security to the climate-vulnerable industries who desperately need it, while pioneering an entirely new category of insurance. We are a small but ambitious marketing team, and you’ll have ample opportunity to influence our marketing approach from the ground up.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Help define and map a delightful, productive onboarding and engagement journey for our key channel partners and execute a marketing program that brings it to life
- Understand the challenges and opportunities faced by our broker network, and support them with meaningful, ongoing communication spanning sales narratives and collateral
- Conceive and execute direct response marketing campaigns designed to generate qualified leads with and for our broker network
- Collaborate with the sales and marketing team to drive field marketing efforts, including coordinating appearances at key industry events frequented by key customers
- Contribute to copywriting and project management for the development of all marketing communications materials related to channel and demand marketing
- Track, analyze and report on results of marketing programs and campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field
- Minimum of 4 - 7 years of relevant experience in B2B demand generation and/or channel marketing in insurance or a related field
- Knowledge of key B2B marketing and channel marketing disciplines such as sales enablement, field marketing, direct response marketing and account-based marketing
- Energized by the fast-moving environment of a startup
- Comfortable collaborating with peers across marketing, outside agencies, sales teams and product teams
- Knowledge of the retail automotive or agriculture categories is a strong plus
- Competitive salary
- Company equity
- Health benefits 100% covered for your entire family
- Dental and vision benefits 100% covered for your entire family
- Generous vacation policy
- Free drinks, goodies, and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Monthly stipend for health and wellness
- Lots of company swag