Climate change is creating a crisis for the insurance industry and those who rely on it for financial security.
Every year, severe weather causes billions of dollars of damage. Yet traditional insurers lack the tools to accurately assess and price severe weather risk. Without knowing what to expect, insurers expect the worst, leading to unaffordable premiums. For industries such as retail automotive and agriculture, traditional insurance is becoming unattainable. These business owners are at risk of financial devastation whenever a storm strikes.
Understory is the first company to solve the insurance coverage crisis with parametric insurance for severe weather, starting with hail. Our growing network of ground-based Dot weather sensors, combined with our Atmospheric Intelligence AI, allow us to assess and price any weather risk in the world.
When severe weather strikes, Understory detects it and triggers a fast, predetermined payout. There are no burdensome financial deductibles, and no lengthy claims process. Ultimately, Understory allows capital to quickly flow where it’s needed most after a disaster, protecting everything from automobiles to the world’s food supply.
As a Project Manager, you'll coordinate logistics for a national-level product rollouts, find and vet contractors, provide deliverables that exceed customer expectations, and everything in between. You will be responsible for monitoring the network health of our deployed weather stations and triaging any inbound issues as they arise. To be successful in this role, you must be able to manage multiple projects, own schedules, outline key milestones, and track deliverables. You need to be able to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and have superb relationship-building, problem-solving, and communication skills.
If you've got construction site management or project management experience, please read on!
Your main role responsibilities will include:
- Driving field initiatives by working closely with the installation teams – from training, to safety checks, to close-out document review
- Identifying, contracting with, and managing construction vendors
- Coordinating and managing processes for new customers from post-sale implementation to installation to steady-state support
- Ensuring adherence to safe work practices along with helping to establish an internal safety program
- Establishing feedback communication with internal and external customers
You're exactly what we're looking for if you have:
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Superb interpersonal skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- A wholistic perspective of work – being able to attend to details, as well as being able to step back and assess a project from the 10,000 foot level
- Ability to anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, and balance business needs relative to business constraints
- Willingness and ability to travel 25% of the time
- Competitive salary
- Company equity
- Health benefits 100% covered for your entire family
- Dental and vision benefits 100% covered for your entire family
- Generous vacation policy
- Free drinks, goodies, and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Monthly stipend for health and wellness
- Lots of company swag