Principal Software Engineer
Product Engineering – Development /
Uniphore is the global leader in Conversational Automation. Every day, billions of conversations take place across industries — customer service, sales, HR, education and more. Whether they are human to human, human to machine or machine to machine, conversations are at the heart of everything we do, and the new currency of the enterprise.
At Uniphore, we believe companies that best understand and act on those conversations will win. We have built the most comprehensive and powerful conversational automation platform that combines conversational AI, workflow automation, and RPA (Robotic Process Automation) with a business user-friendly-UX (User Experience) in a single integrated platform to transform and democratize customer experiences across industries.
Working within Product Engineering, your mission will be to play an active role in recommending adjustments to resolve software issues, improving the functionality of existing software, and ensuring that the design, application, and maintenance of software meets the quality standards of the company. You should also be able to mentor, guide and train other engineers. You should be able to evaluate the product requirements, time limitations and system limitations when developing software and be up to date on new technologies and software development practices.
What We offer
Autonomy: you’ll work and play in a tight-knit team environment. You’ll see a problem and will work to remove obstacles for your team. Here at Uniphore, you control your destiny.
Pursue Diversity: Different views and experiences are advantages. Our global presence gives us perspectives that drive better business
Take Ownership: We are accountable for ourselves, our colleagues, our clients and our company
Exceed Expectations: We understand our colleagues’ and clients’ needs and always exceed expectations
You are friendly, collaborative, and happily work well with others
You are passionate about both travel and technology
Your attention to detail is spectacular
You are flexible, creative, motivated, and cooperative
You hold yourself and others accountable to commitments
You are comfortable with continual change and improvement
You enjoy working within the fabric of a purpose-built culture and process that respects the individual but values the team
- Participate in design reviews and recommend improvements
- Provide technical guidance in software design and development activities
- Recommend new technologies to ensure quality and improve productivity
- Support in all phases of SDLC and ensure delivery of high-quality products
- Analyse business requirements and design/develop most effective technical solution
- Analyse and troubleshoot application issues in a timely fashion
- Work with other engineers in planning, prioritizing and executing assigned tasks within deadlines
- Work with QA team in preparing test cases and assist in automation
- Mentor other Engineers as and when required
- Assist in maintenance and upgrades of existing software applications
- Assist in risk assessment and mitigation activities. Assist in technical audits and make sure to implement audit recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science or related field
- At least 12+ years of experience with at least 5 years of software application design experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven experience in high-level programming languages, like Java and Development of scalable Web Applications and Web Services
- Proven experience building complex web applications and micro services
- Strong experience with Spring Boot stack (spring cloud, spring-data)
- Extensive experience in developing and consuming REST APIs
- Experience in Kafka distributed messaging, Redis, Apache Ignite, Hazelcast
- Strong experience in RDMS and NoSQL databases Mongo , Elastic Search
- Experience in profiling applications
Uniphore is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
For more information on how Uniphore delivers business value using Conversational Automation, please visit www.uniphore.com
All applicants - to review our privacy notice, please click here