Senior Software Engineer - Java Backend
Q Video AI – Q /
Uniphore is the global leader in Conversational Automation. Every day, billions of conversations take place across industries — customer service, sales, HR, education and more. Whether they are human to human, human to machine or machine to machine, conversations are at the heart of everything we do, and the new currency of the enterprise.
At Uniphore, we believe companies that best understand and act on those conversations will win. We have built the most comprehensive and powerful conversational automation platform that combines conversational AI, workflow automation, and RPA (Robotic Process Automation) with a business user-friendly-UX (User Experience) in a single integrated platform to transform and democratize customer experiences across industries.
Uniphore is the global leader in Conversational Service Automation. The Company’s vision is to disrupt an outdated customer service model by bridging the gap between human and machine using voice, AI and automation to ensure that every voice, on every call, is truly heard. Uniphore enables businesses globally to deliver transformational customer service by providing an automation platform where digital agents take over transactional conversations from humans, coach agents during calls, and accurately predict language, emotion and intent. All in real-time. With Conversational Service Automation, enterprises can now engage their customers to effectively build loyalty, improve customer experience and realize operational efficiencies.
Working within Product Engineering, your mission will be to play an active role in designing and developing multiple parts of the system, including the backend web application. You will also be involved in developing various integration points with external systems, including CRM systems, and various collaboration tools. You should also be able to collaborate with other team members for understanding the objectives, meeting the expectation and delivering the requirements within agreed timeline with good quality and be up to date on new technologies and key design principles.
· Develop creative solutions and write technical design based on the requirements.
· Work closely with peer teams to ensure that applications are written to allow for overall system performance.
· Assist in tuning and optimization.
· Develop and execute unit tests for product components.
· Perform peer code reviews and provide feedback.
· Promote high quality, scalability, and timely completion of projects.
· Apply agile approach to coordinate development and determine project scope and limitations.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
· Development experience in Core Java, J2EE, Spring framework (core, AOP, Spring JPA, Spring Security, Spring Cloud etc.), Spring Boot, Hibernate
· Knowledge of OOP concepts, Data Structures, algorithms, and their applications
· Experience developing scalable server-side Java applications, Web Applications and Web Services
· Experience in developing and consuming REST APIs
· Experience in building microservices
· Experience with Kafka distributed messaging
· Experience with distributed caches (Redis/Apache Ignite/Hazelcast etc.)
· Experience in RDBMS and NoSQL databases (Cassandra)
· Basic SQL queries
· Experience in using Elastic Search
· Experience in profiling applications
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and general logical reasoning
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Good understanding of Software development life cycle (SDLC)
Why should you join Uniphore?
· Uniphore started as a B2B SAAS company in India
· Founded in 2008 at IIT Madras (MIT of India)
· Now Uniphore Technologies – one co-founder in Palo Alto, the other co-founder in Singapore. Truly a global company
o 750+ employees
o ~65% India
o Offices: Palo Alto, Dallas, Bangalore, Chennai, Singapore, Japan, Israel, presence in other countries like Australia/NZ, Middle East, Vietnam, etc.
o Historically 3x Growth year over year
o Just raised $400M in Series E funding which will be used to extend Uniphore’s technology and market leadership with advancements in voice AI, computer vision and tonal emotion, as well as to expand its business operations globally, specifically in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
o Lead investor in Series E - NEA
o Our focus is growing beyond customer service as we launch video-based AI applications stemming from Uniphore’s acquisition of Emotion Research Labs as well as applications in Trust, Security and RPA markets.
o Valuation after recent funding will be at $2.5B
Uniphore is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
For more information on how Uniphore delivers business value using Conversational Service Automation, please visit www.uniphore.com
Uniphore is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
For more information on how Uniphore delivers business value using Conversational Automation, please visit www.uniphore.com
All applicants - to review our privacy notice, please click here