Real Estate Counsel
United States /
United States /
Unison is a telecom and renewables infrastructure investment firm funded in partnership with Ardian - the global investment house based in Paris with over $150 billion in assets under management. Unison commenced operations in 2003 and today invests in real estate and infrastructure hosting wireless and renewables tenants in the United States and Europe. The Company is expanding rapidly and looking for talented, entrepreneurial team members to grow with us.
We seek a commercial real estate attorney to accelerate transactions to closing, and to assess and manage risk to our asset portfolio. Reporting to the Managing Director, Legal, the attorney will interact regularly with team members from origination, pricing, and lease administration, while working remotely from their home office.
- Managing a pipeline of deals across the United States and facilitating dialogue between pricing, origination, legal, and the management team.
- Negotiating and drafting documents for commercial real estate transactions, including letters of intent, option agreements, purchase and sale agreements, easement and assignment agreements, lease agreements, and non-disturbance agreements.
- Coordinating and conducting due diligence activities, including title, environmental, and lease reviews.
- Underwriting transactions and preparing recommendations to senior executives.
- Preparing and reviewing legal descriptions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2-7 years of experience as a commercial real estate attorney. Law firm experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with solar/wind ground leases and/or wireless leases is preferred.
- Digital native with fluency in technology and remote work.
- Juris Doctor and bar admission in good standing in at least one U.S. state.
Must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer without visa sponsorship.
The successful candidate must bring a high level of ethical, intellectual, professional, and personal values that complement the team and company culture, including:
Entrepreneurial and collaborative team spirit.
- A love of adventure and passion for learning
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize deal flow and exercise sound business judgment.
- Outstanding oral, written, and analytical skills.
- Respect for colleagues and sense of humor.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Competitive compensation package with benefits including tax-free health insurance reimbursement (ICHRA), 401k, remote work, paid holidays, and paid time off.