Senior Accounting Manager
Boston, MA /
United States /
Unison is a telecom and renewables infrastructure investment firm funded in partnership with Ardian - the global investment house based in Paris with over $150 billion in assets under management. Unison commenced operations in 2003 and today invests in real estate and infrastructure hosting wireless and renewables tenants in the United States and Europe. The Company is expanding rapidly and looking for talented, entrepreneurial team members to grow with us.
Reporting directly to the Global Controller, the Senior Accounting Manager will contribute to the day-to-day operations of the accounting and financial reporting function. Key responsibilities include timely preparation of financial statements, supporting the design and implementation of financial systems and processes, maintaining the Company’s general ledger, performing account reconciliations, supporting audit and tax compliance activities, and overseeing the global accounts payable function.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in accounting and 7+ years of relevant experience, preferably in a multi-entity structure, be a self-starter and problem solver, and have an interest in international business and entrepreneurship.
· Support all aspects of accounting process including general ledger consolidation, accounts payable, and fixed assets.
· Collaborate with the Global Controller and VP of Finance to build and implement accounting systems, processes and controls.
· Assist with the implementation and ongoing maintenance of a new ERP system.
· Oversee the global accounts payable function, manage work performed by third parties, and report on performance to Finance leadership.
· Coordinate with global accounting support teams to process and record invoices and payments.
· Support the preparation of financial statements for multiple entities and in support of debt compliance.
· Assistance with the annual external audit and tax compliance for the US and international entities.
· Support the cross-border consolidation of the financial data of the group entities.
Required Education and Experience:
· Bachelor's degree or higher in the field of Accounting
· Active CPA certification a plus
· Previous experience in general ledger accounting and monthly close
· Previous experience with consolidation and finance reporting
· Experience with implementation and management of ERP system a plus
· Experience with lease accounting and FX accounting a plus
· Highly analytical, organized with exceptional attention to detail
· Robust knowledge of Excel and ERP systems
The successful candidate will bring a high level of ethical, intellectual, professional, and personal values that complement the team and company culture, including:
· Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to learn.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
· Proven ability to deliver results and prioritize tasks in a fast-moving, dynamic environment.
· Outstanding analytical skills
· Respect for colleagues and sense of humor
· Competitive salary, remote work, paid holidays, paid time off, benefits reimbursement, and 401k
· Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship