United States /
Unison is a telecom and renewables infrastructure investment firm funded in partnership with Ardian - the global investment house based in Paris with over $150 billion in assets under management. Unison commenced operations in 2003 and today invests in real estate and infrastructure hosting wireless and renewables tenants in the United States and Europe. The Company is expanding rapidly and looking for talented, entrepreneurial team members to grow with us.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Finance, the [Global Controller / Global Director of Accounting] is a key member of the Unison finance and investment teams. The candidate will partner with Unison executives and external consultants to identify and implement tax and accounting strategies across multi-national operations. The candidate will lead the day-to-day compliance operations, with direct responsibility for all tax and accounting activities.
· Prepare and distribute monthly financial statements in compliance with regulatory and contractual financial deadlines
· Manage staff and external accounting and tax vendors to ensure compliance across all entities, products, and countries
· Develop, monitor, and enforce appropriate accounting policies and company controls
· Support all aspects of accounting process including payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and fixed assets
· Prepare managerial reporting including operational KPIs
· Support Finance and Business teams in the preparation of budgets, forecasts, and related business plans
· Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with GAAP standards
· Lead the implementation of financial ERP system
· Lead the cross-border consolidation of the financial data of the group entities
· Perform ad-hoc financial analysis
Required Education and Experience:
· Bachelor's degree in the field of Accounting or Finance
· CPA certification
· 8+ years of relevant experience
· Previous experience managing general ledger accounting and monthly close
· Experience with multi-entity management
· Experience with transfer pricing
· Experience with lease accounting and FX accounting a plus
· Highly analytical, and organized with exceptional attention to detail
· Expert knowledge of Excel and ERP
The successful candidate will bring a high level of ethical, intellectual, professional, and personal values that complement the team and company culture, including:
· Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to learn.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
· Proven ability to deliver results and prioritize tasks in a fast-moving, dynamic environment.
· Outstanding analytical skills.
· Respect for colleagues and sense of humor.
· Competitive salary, remote work, paid holidays, paid time off, and paid bereavement
· Must be authorized to work in the United states without visa sponsorship