Head of Human Resources
Boston, MA /
United States /
Unison is a telecom and renewables infrastructure investment firm funded in partnership with Ardian - the global investment house based in Paris with over $150 billion in assets under management. Unison commenced operations in 2003 and today invests in real estate and infrastructure hosting wireless and renewables tenants in the United States and Europe. The Company is expanding rapidly and looking for talented, entrepreneurial team members to grow with us.
The Unison team is looking for a passionate Human Resources professional with experience in a sales-based organization to lead Unison’s core HR and talent management activities. Reporting to the COO, the VP of Global HR will partner with senior leadership to lead talent management programs throughout the company including training, professional development, and recruiting; select and administer the company’s benefits programs; ensure compliance with global employment regulations; and contribute to strategic operational decision making. The VP of Global HR will foster a culture of engagement and empowerment within a multi-cultural and rapidly growing organization.
· Manage the employee lifecycle and experience including recruitment, professional development, performance management, retention and separation.
· Recommend and design initiatives that support employee engagement and promote company culture.
· Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal laws.
· Partner with international expansion teams to ensure compliance within each country.
· Select, implement, and manage benefits and compensation programs that attract and retain top talent.
· Design and generate analyses on HR topics such as compensation, recruiting and headcount, and employee engagement.
· Manage relationship and processes with key external partners such as employment law counsel and payroll administration.
· Lead the development of company and job-specific training programs that ensure rapid on-boarding and continuous employee development.
· Ensure accurate and timely payroll processing in all countries in compliance with laws and regulations.
Required Education and Experience:
· 15+ years of progressive Human Resources leadership experience within a public or private company.
· Demonstrated experience building and leading a Human Resources and recruiting function within an entrepreneurial organization experiencing rapid growth.
· Bachelor's degree required. MBA a plus.
· HRCI or SHRM certification required.
· Experience leading Human Resources at a company with multi-national operations.
· Demonstrated track record of design, development, communication and administration of compensation strategies and plans, including bonuses, commissions, and other compensation methods.
· Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Outlook required
· Fluency in Spanish, French, Italian, German, and/or other languages is a strong plus.
The successful candidate will bring a high level of ethical, intellectual, professional, and personal values that complement the team and company culture, including:
· Entrepreneurial and collaborative team spirit.
· Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to influence executives.
· Proven ability to deliver results and prioritize tasks in a fast-moving, dynamic environment.
· Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills.
· Respect for colleagues and sense of humor.
· Competitive salary, with benefits including tax-free health insurance reimbursement (ICHRA), 401k, remote work, paid holidays, paid time off, and paid bereavement
· Must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer without visa sponsorship.