Project Manager/Preconstruction - Corporate Tenant Interiors
Columbus, United States
Delivery – Technical Delivery
Permanent Full Time
Who We Are
Unispace is a global architecture, planning and design firm with integrated project delivery capabilities. We seamlessly unite strategy, design, delivery and project management to ensure an exceptional client experience. Our culture is open, collaborative, and built on talent and experience that spans the globe. We enable our teams to provide diverse, fresh perspectives and to be courageous in challenging conventions of the way we work, live and learn.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with project team in planning phases prior to project initiation
- Review drawings and provide comments to highlight: potential constructability issues; value engineering opportunities; and accurate scope of work. Spearhead any corrections/changes needed.
- Conduct comprehensive subcontractor bid process to ensure all subs are bidding on the same scope of work, project details, logistics, time schedules, etc.
- Ensure project schedules are robust enough for estimating and purchasing to occur
- Produce complete and progressive project budgets throughout the client acquisition process and as projects are initiated.
- Present proposals and progressive budgeting to clients based on their needs and their presentation preferences.
- Ensure project profitability, client satisfaction and quality subcontractors on each job
- Build and nurture subcontractor relationships which put our client first
The Experience, Skills and Knowledge You Bring
- Five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience in construction estimating, ideally with extensive commercial focus
- In depth knowledge and understanding of local market and subcontractors
- Vast knowledge of all trades needed and strong ability to identify scope, time-frames needed, execution, potential exposures, etc. of each trade
- Ability to scope and analyze bids from all trades
- Demonstrated understanding of pre-construction and delivery methodologies
- Experience managing and coordinating subcontractor trades
- Knowledgeable of building codes, and health & safety standards
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Project and Construction Project Management software, preferably Vista
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field highly preferred
Who You Are
- Committed to client excellence
- Passionate about the efficiencies of the workplace design process
- A strong collaborator
- A proactive, flexible, problem solving, self-starter
- Highly organized, deadline driven and able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Someone who really enjoys a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel
What We Will Offer
You’ll gain exposure to the design and construction industry in an agile and collaborative global firm. This is a great opportunity to work within a friendly, design-oriented, and creative culture while growing your career.
Sound like you? Don’t wait, send us your resume!