Director of Construction
Boston, United States
Delivery – Delivery
Permanent Full Time
Who We Are
Unispace is a global architecture, planning and design firm with integrated project delivery capabilities. We seamlessly unite strategy, design, delivery and project management to ensure an exceptional client experience. Our culture is open, collaborative, and built on talent and experience that spans the globe. We enable our teams to provide diverse, fresh perspectives and to be courageous in challenging conventions of the way we work, live and learn.
- Provide leadership in all financial and profitability aspects of projects under your jurisdiction.
- Participate extensively throughout the project life cycle including reviewing project budgets, logistics and schedules that will achieve profitability objectives taking into account project-specific challenges.
- Set appropriate milestones and assign staff qualified to handle the scope and complexity of the projects
- Work closely with clients, in house designers, preconstruction teams and other stakeholders to develop relationships that exceeds the client satisfaction.
- Possesses knowledge of project development to include contracts, design, construction management, project systems, delivery and specifications to ensure compliance and execution to meet project requirements
- Accountable for performance of construction projects across The Americas
- Adopt current project specific procedures, documentation, contract, and related systems for the Unispace
- Accountable for all hiring needs working with our TAM as well as resolve people issues with P&C
- Responsible for providing preparing monthly reporting to present to Leadership Team
- Coordinate staff resources and monitor activities of construction management staff
- Manage project controls, cost and performance activities and procedures
- Provides management of project logistics, organization, systems, and personnel resources
- Ensures project closeout to secure appropriate provisions for final project delivery to owner entities
- Source, establish and maintain a network of highly effective and competitive 3rd party contractors, sub-contractors, mechanical, electrical and plumbing consulting service providers.
- Promote on-going development of new resources and lines of business.
- Performs all duties as required or assigned
- Client Relationships- Attend owner and project meetings, maintain continuous client contact to gauge performance perceptions and communicate relevant information to Project Team.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 15+ years of general contracting experience.
- Experience managing multiple teams across a wide geography.
- Proven management and leadership experience including mentoring and managing others.
- Maintain a healthy Unispace Culture.
- Must have ability to achieve and maintain financial control and profit goals for projects
- Supporting business development initiatives
- Focused on health and safety ensuring the Unispace safety culture is maintained across all projects
- Work travel up to 50% on a typical week
Relationships + Reporting
- Reports directly to the Global Director, Delivery
- Maintains positive relationships with all personnel including executives, discipline heads, corporate service team, property managers, and site staff.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with professionals working for or with the Company.
- Networks to build relationships with Contractors, Subcontractors, and General Contractors in areas targeted by the firm for growth.
Unispace prohibits discrimination against any staff member or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, disability, creed, citizenship status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
What We Will Offer
You’ll gain exposure to the design and construction industry in an agile and collaborative global firm. This is a great opportunity to work within a friendly, design-oriented, and creative culture while growing your career.
Sound like you? Don’t wait, send us your resume!