Interior Designer II
San Diego, CA /
Design – Design /
Permanent Full Time
Who We Are
We’re Unispace and we believe that everyone should work in an environment that inspires productivity, peak performance and delivers well-being. We see that positive work environments foster open, collaborative and supportive cultures populated by highly independent, motivated people. While our core business is strategizing, designing and building workplaces for some of the biggest brands in the world, we know our people are our #1 asset. We look after our people ensuring we provide rewards and recognition, career development and a focus on well-being. If that sounds like an environment that would bring out the best in you, then keep reading!
What you'll do
- Work with design team to develop design ideas
- May assist senior designers in selecting fixtures and finishes
- Under supervision, develops preliminary space plans
- Assist and learn detailing
- Assist and learn the production of furniture & finish packages, along with cost estimating
- Assists senior staff with verification of site details to support design
- Assists in field surveying of client spaces
- Corrects drawings red lined by others
- Supports the team in collecting information for client assessment; may attend interviews, provide documentation support; developing skills working with Affinity program tool
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Working knowledge of the application of color, materials and aesthetic form
- Familiarity with space planning methodology
- Familiarity with furnishings and equipment
- Basic sketching and rendering skills
- Basic interior architecture detailing skills
- Working knowledge of CDs and procedures
- Commitment to support projects through peaks and valleys
- Intermediate MS Office Suite skills
- Basic Adobe Creative Suite skills
- Basic verbal and written communication skills
- Graduate of architecture or design school: equivalent experience may be substituted
- 2+ year experience or equivalent educational experience: strongly prefer experience working in corporate interior design projects
What We Will Offer
You’ll gain exposure to the design and construction industry in an agile and collaborative global firm. This is a great opportunity to work within a friendly, design-oriented, and creative culture while growing your career.
Sound like you? Don’t wait, send us your resume and portfolio !
The statements on the job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person(s) assigned to do this job. The job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed on the job description) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
Unispace is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.