Senior Associate Interior Designer
New York, United States
Design – Design
Permanent Full Time
Who We Are
Unispace is a global architecture, planning and design firm with integrated project delivery capabilities. We seamlessly unite strategy, design, delivery and project management to ensure an exceptional client experience. Our culture is open, collaborative, and built on talent and experience that spans the globe. We enable our teams to provide diverse, fresh perspectives and to be courageous in challenging conventions of the way we work, live and learn.
What You'll Do
- Lead rewarding projects - varying in size from large to small
- Work with project teams in the management of all design work, including overall design, compiling drawings, finishes and full documentation sets
- Work in close partnership with our clients, providing support and whatever is needed to assist the Client’s internal team
- Collaborate with the Design Principal and all members of the Unispace team to ensure that our powerful methodology is delivered throughout the entire project life cycle
- Communicate with clients, other designers, consultants, technical and construction teams to ensure that we are wowing our clients
- Create and deliver presentations that impress our clients
- Deliver projects that are effective, comfortable and profitable
- Pitch in where ever needed as a valued member of a cross-functional team
- Contribute to our culture of equality, creativity and innovation; think outside the box
- Review design and technical drawings and collaborates with all parties involved to ensure a fully coordinated set.
- Review design budget and cost estimates.
- Oversees overall design and creation of furniture packages.
The Experience, Skills and Knowledge You Bring
- Senior Interior Designer experience at a recognized Design firm
- Proven ability to produce outstanding workplace standards and guidelines
- Strong expertise with local codes, details, specifications, etc.
- Excellence in managing multiple projects and ability to successfully delegate
- Demonstrated success in pitching high profile clients
- Strong presentation skills- both written and verbal
- Proficiency in the use of design tools including Revit, CAD, InDesign, Photoshop, Excel
- Degree in Interior Design or Architecture
- LEED Certification is a plus
- NCIDQ or equivalent preferred
Who You Are
- Passionate about the efficiencies of the workplace design process
- Enthusiastic about leading teams and projects
- A proactive, problem solving, self-starter
- Highly organized, deadline driven and able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A very strong communicator – both in writing and verbally
- Great at building strong relationships and consensus with clients, peers (in all functions) and consultants
- Someone who thinks outside the box. A true creative!
What We Will Offer
You’ll gain exposure to the design and construction industry in an agile and collaborative global firm. This is a great opportunity to work within a friendly, design-oriented, and creative culture while growing your career.
Sound like you? Don’t wait, send us your resume!