Technical Designer / Project Architect
New York, United States
Design – Technical Design
Permanent Full Time
Who We Are
Unispace is a global architecture, planning and design firm with integrated project delivery capabilities. We seamlessly unite strategy, design, delivery and project management to ensure an exceptional client experience. Our culture is open, collaborative, and built on talent and experience that spans the globe. We enable our teams to provide diverse, fresh perspectives and to be courageous in challenging conventions of the way we work, live and learn.
What You'll Do
- Manage multiple aspects of client, project coordination, and general contractors including full documentation coordination with structural, MEP, lighting, and AV consultants
- Manage client relationships and team communication
- Resolve complex technical and design issues
- Maintain the project manual and specifications
- Conduct on-site observations and document site reviews
- Process submittals, RFIs, substitution requests, etc. during construction
- Interface with building and permitting officials during the permitting and construction phases of the project
- Conduct QA and QC on all projects
Skills, Experience & Knowledge You Bring
- 8+ years of relevant experience as a Project Architect, with a strong background in corporate interiors.
- Registered Architect required
- Viewed as an expert in building codes, standards and building structures
- Demonstrated ability to mentor junior team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Interior Design or related field
- Revit experience required
Who You Are
- Multitasker with excellent prioritization and organizational skills
- Strong leadership and relationship management skills
- Self-starter, who strives to recognize opportunities for positive change
- Flexible to new ways of working
- Committed to client excellence
- Passionate about the efficiencies of the workplace design process
- Mentor with a knack for developing junior designers
What We Will Offer
You’ll gain exposure to the design and construction industry in an agile and collaborative global firm. This is a great opportunity to work within a friendly, design-oriented, and creative culture while growing your career.
Sound like you? Don’t wait, send us your resume!