Associate Interior Designer
Boston, United States
Design – Design
Permanent Full Time
Who We Are
Unispace is a global architecture, planning and design firm with integrated project delivery capabilities. We seamlessly unite strategy, design, delivery and project management to ensure an exceptional client experience. Our culture is open, collaborative, and built on talent and experience that spans the globe. We enable our teams to provide diverse, fresh perspectives and to be courageous in challenging conventions of the way we work, live and learn.
What You Will Do
- Transform, refresh and create amazing workplaces for diverse clients
- Partner with our Business Development Principal and our Construction team, to educate and charm potential clients on the unique value Unispace’s methodology offers.
- Lead our Design team in producing inspirational Designs
- Create and broaden Client relations built on trust and exception service.
- Lead project teams in the management of all design work for a project from conceptual design through final construction documents.
- Oversee and mentor junior staff members to produce exceptional designs and grow within the industry
- Oversee the production of detailed bid/construction issues packages in accordance with local codes and industry norms.
- Coordinate effectively with clients, consultants and our construction team.
- Develop and enhance our standards
- Pitch in where ever needed as a valuable member of a cross-functional team
- Contribute to our culture of equality, creativity and innovation. Think outside the box.
- Quickly interpret Client needs/scope and establish the best solution/design process.
The Experience, Skills and Knowledge You Bring
- 10-12+ years of professional experience with focus on interiors
- Exceptional ability to manage small teams and execute elevated design projects
- Strong ability with Revit and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in corporate interiors in diverse client types such as law, entertainment, finance, marketing, etc.
- Ability to prepare technical drawings, detailing, material specification and construction administration, great knowledge of Interiors details, millwork drawings and extensive knowledge of FF&E.
- Strong working knowledge of International/California building codes
- Demonstrated skills to produce and meet budgets, cost plans, programs and project timelines.
- Adept at Design Proposal writing and able to work with our Sales team to finalize contracts.
Who You are
- Flexible and open to new ways of working in the architecture and design industry
- Eager to try something new and grow with Unispace
- Excellent organizational skills under pressure to meet deadlines and budgeting needs
- Excited to specify the best interiors products in US and international markets
- Communicate clearly and articulately across multiple mediums
- Enjoy the opportunity to present collaborative-design work in front of others
- Take initiative and collaborate with others across various disciplines
Your Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Architecture, or equivalent degree is preferred
- AIA / NCIDQ licensure and/or LEED certification are assets
What We Will Offer
You’ll gain exposure to the design and construction industry in an agile and collaborative global firm. This is a great opportunity to work within a friendly, design-oriented, and creative culture while growing your career.
Sound like you? Don’t wait, send us your resume!