Assistant Project Manager
Los Angeles, United States
Delivery – Delivery
Permanent Full Time
Who We Are
Unispace is a global architecture, planning and design firm with integrated project delivery capabilities. We seamlessly unite strategy, design, delivery and project management to ensure an exceptional client experience. Our culture is open, collaborative, and built on talent and experience that spans the globe. We enable our teams to provide diverse, fresh perspectives and to be courageous in challenging conventions of the way we work, live and learn.
What You'll Do
- Attend weekly construction update meetings onsite with clients
- Coordinate and attend sub walk-throughs for Site Super, ensuring proper representation from all Subs and accurate documentation of notes
- Support the Project Manager by handling paperwork and process flow, using Vista (PM software)
- Document onsite progress and proactively identify any issues
- Immediately escalate issues to Site Super and PM and participate in developing solutions
- Update Project Schedules to ensure plans are on track and meet our client commitments
- Learn and have fun
- Pitch in where ever needed as a valued member of a cross-functional team
- Contribute to our culture of equality, creativity and innovation. Think outside the box.
The Experience, Skills and Knowledge You Bring
- 2-4 years of experience as an APM/Project Engineer on Construction Projects
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working on TI projects with full range of Subcontractors
- Experience managing and coordinating Subcontractor trades
- Basic knowledge of building codes and health & safety
- Knowledge of commercial interior office fit outs
- Proficient in the use of: Microsoft Project, Construction Project Management Software (Vista Preferred)
- BA in Construction Management or equivalent degree is preferred
- Working toward LEED certification is a plus
What We Will Offer
You’ll gain exposure to the design and construction industry in an agile and collaborative global firm. This is a great opportunity to work within a friendly, design-oriented, and creative culture while growing your career.
Sound like you? Don’t wait, send us your resume!