Senior CMT Field Technician (with certifications) - CLT
Charlotte, NC /
Mid-Atlantic (SUMMIT) – Construction Services Department /
SUMMIT Engineering, Universal Engineering Sciences (UES) Company has an opening in our Construction Services Department. UES is a nationwide leader in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Building Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope.
Your role as a Senior Engineering Field Technician will put you at the forefront of projects that are transforming communities. You will continue to put your concrete and soils field sampling to use while growing further knowledge in other testing procedures, verification procedures, and the application of construction materials. With projects ranging from complex roadway construction to single-family residential communities, you will continue to expand your knowledge and experience necessary to further your skillset.
- Travel to various job sites in a company provided vehicle
- Perform sampling and testing on construction materials, such as concrete, soils, and asphalt using field equipment
- Observe and document field activity and reporting the findings to clients, supervisors and project managers
- Read maps, follow directions, and interpreting engineering and construction plans
- Communicate verbally and electronically with various field personnel and colleagues
- Other duties as assigned
- This position offers career advancement such as paid certifications and training.
Qualifications (required unless otherwise noted):
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years old for entry onto job sites
- Valid Driver's License with acceptable driving record
- Ability to read, write and use technology including phone and computer
- Must have prior experience as field/engineering technician, construction materials testing or related experience
- Must hold active ACI, ICC and/or NCDOT certifications
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- Regularly exposed to outside weather conditions such as wet and/or humid environments, extreme cold and/or heat, dusty and noisy work environments
- Field work on outside construction sites involving long-term standing, sitting and repetitive motions
- Ability to use your senses to see (including close, distant and peripheral vision, depth vision and ability to focus), smell, hear and touch (use your hands to reach, climb or balance, crouch, stoop, crawl, kneel and sit)
- Some weekend and overtime work and/or overnight work and travel may be required. You may be required to drive hundreds of miles per day
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move/shake up to 40lbs (soil and/or concrete tests and related apparatus); frequently lift and/or move up to 60lbs (soil and sand samples, and nuclear density equipment); and occasionally move more than 100lbs. (such as a loaded wheelbarrow of concrete samples)
Who We Are:
UES provides essential engineering services for some of the most prominent and significant projects in the nation. Our team members, from our drillers to administrative staff, contribute directly to projects that transform communities. With some of the greatest talent in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope, we are committed to delivering groundbreaking solutions for our clients. At the core of our success is our team members who make it all possible. We know that the projects we deliver are only as good as our people, which is why we offer enriching opportunities for career growth at every level.
Growing in Excellence
As the #1 fastest growing AEC firm on The Zweig Group's Hot Firm list in 2021, UES is poised to lead our industry into the future. As we evolve from a one-man operation to a company spanning 60+ branches and 3,100 employees, we’re looking for enthusiastic talent to launch their careers and grow along with us.
Why Work at UES?
We value the individual contributions of our employees, and we show this through providing great benefits. Click here to see how we support our people in and out of the workplace. Please ask your recruiter what benefits plans apply to you.
Check out our website: teamues.com
EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran Universal Engineering Sciences is a Drug-Free Workplace. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.