Irvine, CA /
West – Construction Services Department /
Universal Engineering Sciences is looking for highly qualified Special Inspectors to join our growing Construction Services Department.
Starting at $35/hour
*Salary is negotiable, depending on experience, skillset, and certifications.
- Perform observations and testing.
- Write detailed reports summarizing test results and observations.
- Inform field representatives of observation and test results
- Communicate with managers, show commitment as a team player, and organize work and manage time effectively.
- Must be well-versed and knowledgeable in codes and jurisdictional requirements in the Southern California region, including but not limited to: CBC, ICC, DSA, City of Los Angeles.
- Must be forward-thinking and actively engage on-site construction teams.
- Team players and those interested in obtaining more certifications and furthering their careers.
- MUST have 5+ years of multi-certified experience inspecting in the Southern California Region.
- DSA Experience.
- City of Los Angeles and City of Long Beach Certification is a plus.
- Valid California Driver's License.
- Able to pass Drug Test and Background Screening.
- Wide range of experience in both the public and private sectors, including public schools, municipal work, high rises, water/power projects, etc.
MUST have more than one of the following:
- ICC Commercial Building
- ICC Fireproofing
- ICC Masonry
- ICC Prestressed Concrete
- ICC Reinforced Concrete
- ICC Soils
- ICC Structural Steel Bolting (S1)
- ICC Structural Steel and Welding (S2)
- AWS/CWI - Welding
- DSA Masonry/Shotcrete
- NDT Level II/III
- PCI Level II/III
- Others - Batch Plant Inspection, Post-Installed Anchors Pull, Torque Test.
UES is a national leader in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Building Code Compliance, Environmental Consulting, Occupational Health & Safety, Virtual Design Consulting, and Building Envelope. With over 3,400 team members across 70+ branches in the United States, UES provides essential engineering services to some of the most prominent and significant projects in the country. As the #1 fastest growing AEC firm on The Zweig Group’s Hot Firm list in 2021 and 2022, UES is poised to lead our industry into the future.
Our Team Members
Our team members bring unique skill sets, licenses and certifications, and experience to our firm, which diversifies our team and allows us to provide a wide variety of services uniquely grounded in excellence. Our team STRIVES to uphold our core values of safety, teamwork, responsiveness, integrity, value, and excellence to ensure we meet client expectations, support our communities, and build a strong, reliable team. Our UES team members are kind, passionate, and driven, which creates collaborative workspaces and a sense of camaraderie among our team members. At UES, we are eager to hire, teach, and train the next generation of industry leaders and learn from the expertise of each team member who walks through our doors. To learn more about UES, visit teamues.com
We understand that our team members are the glue that holds our business together. We value the individual contributions of each person, and we show this by offering comprehensive benefits, including medical insurance options, PTO, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and so much more. If you have additional questions about our benefits, please contact our Recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our website: UES
EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran Universal Engineering Sciences is a Drug-Free Workplace. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.