Accounting Clerk - CLT
Charlotte, NC /
Mid-Atlantic (SUMMIT) – Admin /
SUMMIT Engineering, a Universal Engineering Sciences (UES) Company has an opening in our Administrative department. UES is a nationwide leader in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Building Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope.
Your role as an Accounting Clerk will both utilize and expand your talents. In addition to your daily responsibilities, you will have the opportunity to create lasting relationships with our diverse team and directly contribute to our path to becoming the most sought after, respected, and successful engineering firm in the country.
- Audit/approve weekly timesheets
- Set up projects in accounting software (Deltek Vantagepoint)
- Complete on-demand/monthly invoicing for production departments
- Complete collections for specific departments
- Step in as a back-up receptionist for incoming calls and potential scheduling
- Collect new vendor paperwork (COI & W-9)
- Request and monitor client issued purchase orders (PO) and extra purchase orders (EPO)
- Research and monitor invoices for checks and deposits
- Process credit card payments
- Review and sign lien waivers (Hyphen and physical copies)
- Other duties as assigned
- Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Required: Strong written and verbal communication and ability to use technology/computer
- Required: Strong customer service and multi-tasking skills
- Preferred: Bachelor of Science in business, accounting, finance or related field
- Preferred: Minimum of 1 year in an accounting position
- Preferred: Familiarity with Accounting software; Deltek, Excel and other MS Office applications
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- The work setting is in an office atmosphere and remote setting.
- There is exposure to moderate levels of noise that could include a business office with computers and printers with light traffic throughout.
- Ability to use your senses to see (including close, distant and peripheral vision, depth vision and ability to focus), smell, hear and touch (use your hands to reach, climb or balance, crouch, stoop, crawl, kneel and sit).
- This employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20lbs.
- Must successfully pass pre-employment screenings to include background and reference checks.
- SUMMIT is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screening is required; random and post-accident drug screening is also undertaken.
- SUMMIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Who We Are:
UES provides essential engineering services for some of the most prominent and significant projects in the nation. Our team members, from our drillers to administrative staff, contribute directly to projects that transform communities. With some of the greatest talent in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope, we are committed to delivering groundbreaking solutions for our clients. At the core of our success is our team members who make it all possible. We know that the projects we deliver are only as good as our people, which is why we offer enriching opportunities for career growth at every level.
Growing in Excellence
As the #1 fastest growing AEC firm on The Zweig Group's Hot Firm list in 2021, UES is poised to lead our industry into the future. As we evolve from a one-man operation to a company spanning 60+ branches and 3,100 employees, we’re looking for enthusiastic talent to launch their careers and grow along with us.
Why Work at UES?
We value the individual contributions of our employees, and we show this through providing great benefits. Click here to see how we support our people in and out of the workplace. Please ask your recruiter what benefits plans apply to you.
Check out our website: teamues.com
EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran Universal Engineering Sciences is a Drug-Free Workplace. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.