Construction Materials Testing Technician
Midwest – Construction Services Department-Geotechnology /
Geotechnology, a Universal Engineering Sciences (UES) has an opening in our Construction Services Department. UES is a nationwide leader in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Building Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope.
UES is thrilled to be named the #1 fastest growing AEC firm by the Zweig Group. The Zweig Group's Hot Firm list honors the fastest-growing firms in the architecture, engineering, planning, environmental, and construction (AEC) industry. For the first time in four years, a new firm, UES, took the number one spot on the 2021 list! Firms are ranked based on three-year growth in revenue, by both percentage and dollar growth.
Your role as a Construction Materials Testing (CMT) Technician will put you at the forefront of projects transforming communities. You will become an expert in concrete and soils field sampling, testing procedures, verification procedures, and the application of various construction materials. With projects ranging from complex roadway construction to single-family residential communities, you will gain the knowledge and experience necessary to take your skills to the next level.
- Perform routine field and/or laboratory tests on soil, concrete, asphalt, and other construction materials during the construction of various projects
- Prepare electronic daily field observation reports and summary reports
- Follow UES safety plans, programs, policies, and procedures
- Limited decision-making
This position offers career advancement such as paid certifications and training.
- No experience necessary – At Geotechnology, we believe in internal promotion; therefore, all the necessary experience will be taught on the job
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to meet the physical labor demands of the job – including, but not limited to, lifting up to 50 lbs, standing for long periods, kneeling, crawling, balancing, and using hands to handle tools and controls
- Must be able to work in outdoor weather conditions
- Frequent driving required
- ACI Level I certification within 90 days of employment
- Nuclear safety trained at the first available opportunity
- Must be okay with a flexible work schedule
Who We Are:
UES provides essential engineering services for some of the most prominent and significant projects in the nation. Our team members, from our drillers to administrative staff, contribute directly to projects that transform communities. With some of the greatest talent in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope, we are committed to delivering groundbreaking solutions for our clients. At the core of our success is our team members who make it all possible. We know that the projects we deliver are only as good as our people, which is why we offer enriching opportunities for career growth at every level.
Growing in Excellence
As the #1 fastest growing AEC firm on The Zweig Group's Hot Firm list in 2021, UES is poised to lead our industry into the future. As we evolve from a one-man operation to a company spanning 60 branches and 2,500 employees, we’re looking for enthusiastic talent to launch their careers and grow along with us.
Why work at Geotechnology, A Universal Engineering Sciences Company?
We value the individual contributions of our employees, and we show this through providing great benefits. Click here to see how we support our people in and out of the workplace. Please ask your recruiter what benefits plans apply to you.
Check out our website: teamues.com
EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran Universal Engineering Sciences is a Drug-Free Workplace. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.