Geotechnical Project Engineer
San Diego /
West – Geotechnical Department /
Starting at $70k/annual
*Salary is negotiable, depending on experience, skillset, and certifications.
- Perform all phases of geotechnical engineering investigations, analyses, and reports
- Provide consulting during earthwork construction, as well as review change order requests, submittals, and requests for information during construction
- Provide supervision and coordination with construction inspection staff
- Prepare proposals, statements of qualifications, scopes, and budget estimates for geotechnical studies and earthwork inspection projects
- Set up and/or assist project- and staff-level geologists/engineers with laboratory testing programs for geotechnical projects
- Provide assistance during existing structure evaluations, including condition documentation, limited demolition, in-situ testing, and material sampling
- Assist in the mentoring project- and staff-level geologist/engineers
- Assist in business development as well as attend company business development meetings
- Coordinate with other design professionals, especially structural engineers, architects, civil engineers, and landscape planners, during the design and construction of projects
- Review and stamp preliminary, design, and construction reports
- Review project plans and specifications for conformance with geotechnical engineering recommendations
- Obtain membership and active involvement in appropriate professional organizations like SEAOCC, ASCE, APWA, and CalGEO.
- A Master’s degree specializing in Geotechnical Engineering is a plus; a BSCE degree with geotechnical engineering and construction materials testing experience is the minimum qualification
- 5+ years of geotechnical engineering experience
- Must be a California GE and/or PE
UES is a national leader in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Building Code Compliance, Environmental Consulting, Occupational Health & Safety, Virtual Design Consulting, and Building Envelope. With over 3,400 team members across 70+ branches in the United States, UES provides essential engineering services to some of the most prominent and significant projects in the country. As the #1 fastest growing AEC firm on The Zweig Group’s Hot Firm list in 2021 and 2022, UES is poised to lead our industry into the future.
Our Team Members
Our team members bring unique skill sets, licenses and certifications, and experience to our firm, which diversifies our team and allows us to provide a wide variety of services uniquely grounded in excellence. Our team STRIVES to uphold our core values of safety, teamwork, responsiveness, integrity, value, and excellence to ensure we meet client expectations, support our communities, and build a strong, reliable team. Our UES team members are kind, passionate, and driven, which creates collaborative workspaces and a sense of camaraderie among our team members. At UES, we are eager to hire, teach, and train the next generation of industry leaders and learn from the expertise of each team member who walks through our doors. To learn more about UES, visit teamues.com
We understand that our team members are the glue that holds our business together. We value the individual contributions of each person, and we show this by offering comprehensive benefits, including medical insurance options, PTO, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and so much more. If you have additional questions about our benefits, please contact our Recruitment team at email@example.com
Check out our website: UES
EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran Universal Engineering Sciences is a Drug-Free Workplace. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.