Round Rock, TX /
Texas (Alpha Testing) – Construction Services Department /
Alpha Testing, a Universal Engineering Sciences Company (UES) has an opening in our Construction Services Department. UES is a nationwide leader in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Building Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope.
We are looking for a CONSTRUCTION TECHNICIAN to add to our Round Rock location. This position is responsible for performing quality control tests and inspections for all aspects of construction on exciting projects from infrastructure to high-rises. We are committed to investing in our team members and will provide training and advancement opportunities through our career pathing and certification programs. This job is performed in the field at project sites, and can require long, physically demanding hours in all weather conditions. If you think you have what it takes to be a Rock Engineering & Testing Lab (RETL) Construction Technician, we invite you to apply today!
- Tasks vary according to job assignments and may include testing of concrete, soils, masonry, asphalt and steel reinforcement. Other duties may be assigned. Regular attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Adherence to all safety rules, requirements and practices
- Ability to carry/ lift/ push 50 - 70 lbs multiple times a day
- Collection of samples
- Perform quality assurance tests
- Preparation and submission of daily reports
- Interaction with clients, contractors and design professionals
- Driving to and from job sites
- A valid Texas driver license and acceptable driving record
- 0 - 3 years of experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- ACI Field Level 1 Certification, preferred.
- NICET Soils level 1 in soils or the ability to obtain within 6 months of employment, preferred.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Effective communications skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to use company-provided tablet and working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- The desire to obtain role-specific accreditation(s) to advance your career
- Ethical mindset and integrity a must!
Who We Are:
UES provides essential engineering services for some of the most prominent and significant projects in the nation. Our team members, from our drillers to administrative staff, contribute directly to projects that transform communities. With some of the greatest talent in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope, we are committed to delivering groundbreaking solutions for our clients. At the core of our success is our team members who make it all possible. We know that the projects we deliver are only as good as our people, which is why we offer enriching opportunities for career growth at every level.
Growing in Excellence
As the #1 fastest growing AEC firm on The Zweig Group's Hot Firm list in 2021, UES is poised to lead our industry into the future. As we evolve from a one-man operation to a company spanning 60 branches and 2,500 employees, we’re looking for enthusiastic talent to launch their careers and grow along with us.
Why Work at UES?
We value the individual contributions of our employees, and we show this through providing great benefits. Click here to see how we support our people in and out of the workplace. Please ask your recruiter what benefits plans apply to you.
Check out our website: teamues.com
EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran Universal Engineering Sciences is a Drug-Free Workplace. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.