Manager, Process Improvement & Standardization
Orlando, Fl /
Corporate HQ – Integration and Operational Excellence /
UES is a nationwide leader in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Building Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope.
Joining Universal Engineering Sciences (UES) offers you the opportunity to excel at the fastest growing Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) firm in the country. Experienced and proven, UES is considered a pioneer of the industry and stands at the forefront of emerging technology and best practices.
We are a family of companies with revenue of $500M, quickly rising through organic and acquisition growth. We are made up of 6 regions that include nearly 20 companies within those regions: Florida, West, Texas, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, and Midwest. UES is a family of almost 3,500 team members who operate in 75 locations in 20 states. Our values guide the way we work, make decisions, and treat others, specifically our team members, customers, and the communities where we serve. We STRIVE for safety, teamwork, responsiveness, integrity, value, and excellence.
At UES, you will collaborate with a team that places value in our collective vision, culture of community, and unwavering commitment to excellence. While being encouraged to promote innovative and creative ideas, you will be provided the support to bring those ideas to fruition. As our company continues to grow at a rapid pace, so do the opportunities for our current and future team members to learn and mentor for continued professional and personal development. Additionally, you can count on excellent benefits, a comprehensive PTO plan, uncapped career growth, and the best people in the industry. You can learn more about our career opportunities here: https://universalengineering.com/careers/
“Are you someone who enjoys driving continuous improvement projects while standardizing best practices across the Enterprise? And thrives where Teamwork and Great Leaders are the foundation for your success? This is the role for you!”
We're looking for an entry level leader to drive process improvement efforts, identify and standardize best practices as part of our Universal Engineering Sciences significant business transformation efforts. This is a key hands-on role, requiring the ability to think strategically and act tactically as part of the ongoing growth and enhancement of our company. The solution being designed compiles the best practices across the 20+ companies acquired to-date to create a future way of doing business. The Manager, Process Improvement & Standardization is responsible for managing the multiple improvement projects across all service lines, researching and evaluating technology solutions, and implementing solutions enterprise wide. The Manager, Process Improvement & Standardization will be accountable for independently leading projects, managing and tracking key project deliverables and communicating progress, project risks and results to all levels of the organization.
The incumbent must be able to help ensure stakeholders achieve successful implementations and maintain a centralized view of all initiatives, their prioritization, and their interdependence for delivering against organizational objectives.
There are few career opportunities that arise to create the end-to-end processes and tools for how a company should operate. If you are someone who thrives in complex, yet very rewarding situations, this is a role you should consider.
The Ideal Candidate
· Energetic – Passion and high energy for delivering results in a fast paced and high growth environment; autonomous, strong self-starter with a sense of urgency.
· Resourceful – Enjoys challenging projects, taking initiative to solve problems, and executing on deliverables.
· Creative – Able to tell an engaging story with an expertise in technical writing and the ability to incorporate case studies and state-of-the-art graphics.
· Team Player – Enjoys being on a team. Works well with others and brings a positive attitude.
· Adaptable – Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and remain flexible as business priorities change.
· Inquisitive – Eager to learn a complex business and apply learnings. Dig into the details to understand how to best offer solutions and add value.
If this sounds like you, we invite you to keep reading and apply!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, coordinate, and document project related activities of large scale and highly visible projects that will vary in scope and affected business units, manage resources within assigned project teams in a matrix environment, and document the project's activities.
- Manage a portfolio of projects on behalf of the business customer and identify priorities, dependencies, and conflicts where multiple business initiatives are being managed.
- Manage and lead an assembled project team in effectively addressing project objectives according to the priority, schedule, and cost.
- Identify necessary technical skill sets and competencies required to complete objectives; partner with Service Line Councils and cross-functional team members to deliver against project objectives.
- Document Service Line discussions, including any action items and deliverables; engage with council members to ensure projects are on track.
- Maintain qualitative and quantitative data / information on process and project initiatives, project results, and tool evaluations; develop and track relevant KPIs across the enterprise.
- Complete tasks assigned by leadership in an efficient and timely manner.
Please note that the duties below may vary based on the needs of the local branch.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or related field
- Preferred: Master's Degree in Business, Engineering, or related field
- Preferred: PMP certification or similar certification
- 3+ years previous experience in project management, process improvement, consulting, or a similar role
- Business savvy: ability to connect the dots between functions and across various regions / branches
- Highly organized and able to multitask
- Demonstrated strong partnering skills
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and project management software
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
We are trusted engineering partners enabling the construction community through responsive, expert problem solving.
We strive to be the leading environmental, inspection, testing and engineering firm by ensuring the safety, integrity, and sustainability of our community's land, foundations, and structures from development to redevelopment.
UES is committed to embracing diversity, equity and inclusion to create a workplace that welcomes and thrives on the unique experiences, perspectives and contributions of all team members. UES is bringing the best people and most diverse talent forward to drive growth, innovate and think bigger!
I acknowledge that I have read, understand, and can perform the Essential Duties and Responsibilities of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Who We Are:
UES provides essential engineering services for some of the most prominent and significant projects in the nation. Our team members, from our drillers to administrative staff, contribute directly to projects that transform communities. With some of the greatest talent in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope, we are committed to delivering groundbreaking solutions for our clients. At the core of our success is our team members who make it all possible. We know that the projects we deliver are only as good as our people, which is why we offer enriching opportunities for career growth at every level.
Growing in Excellence
As the #1 fastest growing AEC firm on The Zweig Group's Hot Firm list in 2021, UES is poised to lead our industry into the future. As we evolve from a one-man operation to a company spanning 75 branches and 3,500 employees, we’re looking for enthusiastic talent to launch their careers and grow along with us.
Why Work at UES?
We value the individual contributions of our employees, and we show this through providing great benefits. Click here to see how we support our people in and out of the workplace. Please ask your recruiter what benefits plans apply to you.
Check out our website: https://teamues.com/
EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran Universal Engineering Sciences is a Drug-Free Workplace. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.