Construction Services Department Manager
West – Construction Services Department /
UES has an opening in the West Region for a Construction Service Department (CSD) Manager in the West Sacramento, CA branch. UES is a nationwide leader in Engineering and Earth Sciences and Sustainability, including testing and inspection, Building Code Compliance, Geospatial Technology and Environmental Solutions.
UES is thrilled to be named the #1 fastest growing AEC firm by the Zweig Group. The Zweig Group's Hot Firm list honors the fastest-growing firms in the architecture, engineering, planning, environmental, and construction (AEC) industry. For the first time in four years, a new firm, UES, took the number one spot on the 2021 list! Firms are ranked based on three-year growth in revenue, by both percentage and dollar growth.
The CSD Manager develops new client and business opportunities while maintaining and building upon current relationships. In addition, the individual will provide overview and counsel on personnel organization, budget preparation, work schedules, and legal and client considerations. They are responsible for department and project staffing as well as encouraging and motivating team members.
Starting at $160k/annual
*Salary is negotiable, depending on experience, skillset, and certifications.
Business Development Duties:
- Contribute to sales innovations, strategic business development and overall project profitability, in alignment with the company’s strategic goals.
- Develop clients and associated revenue for the division.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with CM firms, general contractors, and design firms to increase teaming opportunities and expand market share for the division.
- Prepare proposals and independently win projects.
- Assist in the marketing and acquisition of construction projects for UES.
- Assist marketing in business development, including attending short-list interviews, reviewing and evaluating RFPs/RFQs to help develop proposals and statement of qualifications.
- Department Profit and Loss responsibility including management and controls of budgets, utilization, collections, and other costs impacting profitability of CSD services.
- Actively coach UES personnel to ensure that all department personnel are properly trained, supervised and equipped with the necessary tools and equipment to foster their success and growth both personally and professionally.
- Projects a positive image of the Company and colleagues at client negotiations, conferences, technical meetings, and within the office, and serves as a steward of UES and of a safe and secure work environment for all UES employees.
- Signs UES’s standard contract terms per the UES Delegation of Authority (DOA). Clients’ contract forms and/or modifications of UES’s standard contract terms must be approved by a corporate officer
- Responsible for work assigned to the department regarding professional liability and contractual obligations. All technical work must be conducted so that the standard of care is met
- Deals directly with clients and prospective clients in business development, proposals, contracts or agreements, and technical matters
- Works with branch manager and HR directors to plan and supervises Staff Development program
- Motivates team members to accept increasing responsibility and develops viable candidates for Project Management
- Prepares performance evaluations for direct staff and reviews performance evaluation data for others in the Branch with assigned supervisors prior and subsequent to performance feedback discussions
- Oversee, manage and direct construction projects with varying range of complexity.
- Active engagement in 2 professional organizations that are applicable to our industry – with one being a leadership role (i.e., Board, Officer, Committee, etc.). Organization should be pre-approved by a Corporate Manager or above
- Experience Managing an operation with $5M+ in revenue
- Deep knowledge of different market sectors in construction.
- Demonstrate ability to work closely with the marketing group to help win projects.
- Work well in a team environment and communicate clearly with co-workers, clients, and potential clients.
- Experience with HCAI and DSA projects.
- 10+ years of experience in applied Engineering, Construction Management, or Physical Sciences for which five years are in project management and supervisory responsibilities
- Must have thorough knowledge and experience in either Construction Management
- Planning, organizing, and delegating ability to drive department results
- Experience staffing, directing, and coordinating multi-disciplinary professional staff
- Experience in the effective use of scheduling and cost control techniques
- Ability to motivate and train staff and to earn staff respect based on technical and managerial competence and abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
UES is a national leader in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Building Code Compliance, Environmental Consulting, Occupational Health & Safety, Virtual Design Consulting, and Building Envelope. With over 3,400 team members across 70+ branches in the United States, UES provides essential engineering services to some of the most prominent and significant projects in the country. As the #1 fastest growing AEC firm on The Zweig Group’s Hot Firm list in 2021 and 2022, UES is poised to lead our industry into the future.
Our Team Members
Our team members bring unique skill sets, licenses and certifications, and experience to our firm, which diversifies our team and allows us to provide a wide variety of services uniquely grounded in excellence. Our team STRIVES to uphold our core values of safety, teamwork, responsiveness, integrity, value, and excellence to ensure we meet client expectations, support our communities, and build a strong, reliable team. Our UES team members are kind, passionate, and driven, which creates collaborative workspaces and a sense of camaraderie among our team members. At UES, we are eager to hire, teach, and train the next generation of industry leaders and learn from the expertise of each team member who walks through our doors. To learn more about UES, visit teamues.com
We understand that our team members are the glue that holds our business together. We value the individual contributions of each person, and we show this by offering comprehensive benefits, including medical insurance options, PTO, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and so much more. If you have additional questions about our benefits, please contact our Recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our website: UES
EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran Universal Engineering Sciences is a Drug-Free Workplace. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.